Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Managing files with Library  (Read 2842 times)

eoghanoneill

Managing files with Library
« on: October 04, 2006, 11:41:42 pm »

I have a couple of questions that others May have figured out

1/ When I delete photos from the library and then agree to move them to the trash they are actually only removed from the library and are not deleted. How do I trash files in Library?

2/ When I move photos from one shoot to an other the files never actually move, I had herd from someone in Adobe that in beta 4 moving photos in shoots would actually move the files on the hard drive so long as you had choosen not to import the files, just reference the files externally
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 12:55:05 am by eoghanoneill »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 10:03:27 am »

When I move photos from one shoot to an other the files never actually move, I had heard from someone in Adobe that in beta 4 moving photos in shoots would actually move the files on the hard drive so long as you had chosen not to import the files, just reference the files externally

No, that's the wrong way round. If you import files into the library, then moving files between shoots moves them between subfolders. If you import by reference, moving between shoots doesn't move them anywhere physically. This area is being worked on, which makes it even more important that you treat this beta with caution and don't blame it if you lose you only copy of files.

As for your other question Ctrl/Cmd Backspace should do it. But right click a thumbnail and check the options there.

John

picnic

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 12:44:30 pm »

No, that's the wrong way round. If you import files into the library, then moving files between shoots moves them between subfolders. If you import by reference, moving between shoots doesn't move them anywhere physically. This area is being worked on, which makes it even more important that you treat this beta with caution and don't blame it if you lose you only copy of files.

As for your other question Ctrl/Cmd Backspace should do it. But right click a thumbnail and check the options there.

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79189\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is my major complaint about LR--the library module is confusing at best LOL.  However---I have been referencing my folders from the beginning as per Michael Tapes suggestion.  I also had the 'bug' of jumping but found the 'fix' for that until they get it corrected.  Also--I am only adding some shoots, certainly not all (and since I move most of my shoots off my main drive to externals and DVDs within a month, I'm not sure if this will ever work for me).  Otherwise---what a nice change from 3 overall.  

However, I added all my shoots from a recent 2 week trip to Maine and find myself doing all the develop work for them in LR--didn't expect to but I like the develop module that much.  I'm still opening in PS to 'finish' and save as native size--and resizing and sharpening there when needed.  Wish that export was more RSP like--as many of us that came from RSP do.  BTW-haven't even considered C1 for RC since I got home--did I say that I REALLY like the develop module??? LOL.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up