Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 40 Megapixel...  (Read 6395 times)

fredjeang2

Re: 40 Megapixel...
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2018, 04:12:13 pm »

Erik, so am I.

If it wasn't for the fact that my own very smart girl owned and used a smart phone that we rely on for so many thoroughly useful applications then I'd find myself in the position of having to buy and use one myself. Quite frankly we'd be up sh1t creek without a paddle if we didn't have one.
So if I understand: you shoot a smart Leica and your very smart girl is also your really smart secretary?! (having her the privilege to deal with both you and the smart phone). It's a smart diva position! Keith, you're so posh: what is the most sophisticated thing a man could own nowdays? Owning the right not carrying a smartphone - but a Leica M instead - (actually, Morissey does not have one, phone... Too vulgar for him). Some girls are bigger than others ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:24:48 pm by fredjeang2 »

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2018, 04:46:46 pm »

So if I understand: you shoot a smart Leica and your very smart girl is also your really smart secretary?! (having her the privilege to deal with both you and the smart phone). It's a smart diva position! Keith, you're so posh: what is the most sophisticated thing a man could own nowdays? Owning the right not carrying a smartphone - but a Leica M instead - (actually, Morissey does not have one, phone... Too vulgar for him). Some girls are bigger than others ;D

Ah, Fred, you make me sound so much smarter than I actually am. The reality is my very smart girl is smart enough to insist I carry a simple 'fone' just in case I'm not smart enough to keep out of trouble. Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to remember how to use the bloody thing!

;-)

Rob C

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2018, 04:21:04 am »

I have a recurring dream.

In this, I am in a fix: usually I don't know where I left the car or where my wife is, and we need to connect by 'phone. I take the thing out of my pocket and it resembles no 'phone I have owned. It looks more like a Weston exposure meter and I have no idea how to dial a number. On other occasions the thing looks like a small transistor radio the kids used to have, and dialing a number is just as impossible.

I suspect that this is a reflection of my basic dislike, mistrust of technology which I can't understand and have no desire to understand.

;-(

[ Would :-.( be Cindy Crawford on a bad day?]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:01:29 am by Rob C »

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2018, 06:19:08 pm »

Rob,

Maybe it would be more fun to discuss some other sort of dream, but we won't go there since they also probably involve your wife  ;)

Edmund

I have a recurring dream.

In this, I am in a fix: usually I don't know where I left the car or where my wife is, and we need to connect by 'phone. I take the thing out of my pocket and it resembles no 'phone I have owned. It looks more like a Weston exposure meter and I have no idea how to dial a number. On other occasions the thing looks like a small transistor radio the kids used to have, and dialing a number is just as impossible.

I suspect that this is a reflection of my basic dislike, mistrust of technology which I can't understand and have no desire to understand.

;-(

[ Would :-.( be Cindy Cawford on a bad day?]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:07:17 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Rob C

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2018, 07:12:15 am »

Rob,

Maybe it would be more fun to discuss some other sort of dream, but we won't go there since they also probably involve your wife  ;)

Edmund

Not really, Edmund, my dreams these days seem to be confined to forms, manifestations of various emergencies. That's the type that I recall, at any rate.

Either way, they don't amount to a post, nor even that hill of American beans.

:-(

Larry451

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2018, 11:51:46 am »

Hi,   I too am what we like to call ourselves:  an old guy  with a nikon 800e + heavy zeiss lenses +  one of those "i" phones which I use as a phone only, why? because that is all I know what to do with it. 
I will get to the point now:   this thread has had me laughing out loud "with" all of you guys.
thanks gentlemen
Larry.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2018, 12:11:15 pm »

Hi,

Looking at some of this discussions fills me with sadness. It may seem that some of us think that ladies belong in front of the camera.

My view is a bit different, there is a lot of female photographers who are quite good at taking great images, what photography actually should be about.

In many cases, lady photographers care about the images rather than the tools used to capture the image. I would argue that is a good thing.

Best regards
Erik

I'm not a smart girl with a smart phone either, but I'm married to a smart girl who owns and uses a smart phone. I have to admit owning one - a smart phone - is a very smart move.
Erik Kaffehr

tintoreto

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2018, 04:25:16 pm »

Here a macro example of the P20-pro - by hand - no flash. But for a macro you have to be patient... ;)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2018, 04:52:35 pm »

Here a macro example of the P20-pro - by hand - no flash. But for a macro you have to be patient... ;)

Where's the other eye?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

tintoreto

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2018, 06:31:39 pm »

Where's the other eye?

Edmund

Maybe too bright and sunny...  8)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up