Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikonís new mirrorless system, coming in early 2019  (Read 3227 times)

Martin Kristiansen

• http://www.mkdp.co.za
Re: Nikonís new mirrorless system, coming in early 2019
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2018, 02:42:21 AM »

What would you expect Martin?

As far as I am concerned, I could write the exact same post about Canon.

Those 2 companies have a very clear target (Sony) and need to differentiate themselves, meaning they need to offer something more than the current top mirrorless top player.

How do you think they are going to do it?

Cheers,
Bernard

Itís a fun game to play no doubt.

I have features I would like. Donít really see them being mentioned much so I suppose itís just me. Would love a diaphragm that slides in front of the sensor when a lens is removed. That large sensor out in the fresh air as it were when you change lenses gives me the creeps. Sony menus are downright humorous. Nikon can nail that, real low hanging fruit. IBIS is a must. I wonít buy another camera without it. I would hope for a camera no bigger than the Sony A7 range. Weather sealing. I have one camera with touch screen and one without. Iím indifferent to it. All the normal mirrorless stuff like silent shooting and so on. Lots of programmable buttons, love that stuff. Takes a while to set up and remember where everything is but once you have it itís awesome. I donít shoot very fast glass. Just not my style personally and For my commercial stuff no need for product photography to use very fast glass, so a range of lighter small lenses in the f4 range for zooms and f2.8 for primes. Lens range will be important for people of course. It seems everyone in South Africa that buys a decent camera has a fantasy of spending time in the many game reserves. So long lenses. I donít care for it myself. I like visiting the reserves and try go once or twice a year but I donít photograph animals unless they insist by doing something interesting close by.

Iím not a fan of the many dials that Fuji use, its personal of course but I donít like it, keep it tidy. For the most part I trust Nikon to design and build cameras. They know whatís needed. My big questions are why so long with this and what will it cost?

scooby70

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2018, 07:08:44 AM »

One thing I'd really love is some lenses built like the old pre AI's or Rokkors but specifically designed for the new mirrorless camera and mounting directly without an adapter.

I'd love to see parallel ranges of fairly compact primes with maybe a f1.4 range and a more compact f2 range. I wouldn't like these to be Sigma Art or Sony GM sized even though being smaller means they're not going to be Art/GM rivalling at f1.x or when pixel peeping, I'd settle for optically good enough and maybe a little characterful at the widest apertures.

Do that and I'd probably sell my A7.

As for all the fan boy dream team world beating wish lists... I'll believe it when I see it :D As for my little wish... sadly it won't happen either but would be a differentiator.

Martin Kristiansen

• http://www.mkdp.co.za
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2018, 07:28:42 AM »

Two years ago my Canon gear was getting long in the tooth. I needed to buy a new body and a few lenses. I donít change gear often but eventually stuff gets old. Itís even more unusual that body and lenses need replacing around the same time. It gave me the opportunity to reassess and switch systems if needed. I figured mirrorless was going to be the future and Sony dominates that so easy decision.

I cannot imagine Nikon coming up with anything that will make me a noticeably better more successful photographer. I have to be honest and admit my personal bottleneck is not my gear. If I canít do it with what I have now I doubt the new Nikon will help.

scooby70

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2018, 07:51:07 AM »

Two years ago my Canon gear was getting long in the tooth. I needed to buy a new body and a few lenses. I donít change gear often but eventually stuff gets old. Itís even more unusual that body and lenses need replacing around the same time. It gave me the opportunity to reassess and switch systems if needed. I figured mirrorless was going to be the future and Sony dominates that so easy decision.

I cannot imagine Nikon coming up with anything that will make me a noticeably better more successful photographer. I have to be honest and admit my personal bottleneck is not my gear. If I canít do it with what I have now I doubt the new Nikon will help.

And neither can I so for me it's all about enjoyment.

I can imagine others being excited by eye detect and I can see how that can be a game changer and doubtless there are other things which I don't even know about which people will find to be game changers too and good luck to them but that's just not me :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up