Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too good to be true  (Read 911 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Too good to be true
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 11:17:53 pm »

Anteater is a rather unusual find, but there are photographers who find working with the carcasses more gratifying than stalking live animals.

https://creators.vice.com/en_us/article/4xq88j/roadkill-still-life-artist

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 07:32:49 am »

Anteater is a rather unusual find, but there are photographers who find working with the carcasses more gratifying than stalking live animals.

https://creators.vice.com/en_us/article/4xq88j/roadkill-still-life-artist

Well she is a taxidermist, which takes a special kind of person I guess.  So it kind of makes sense. 

When I use to be a teacher, I had a student who really wanted to be a mortician.  Use to come in and give us facts on undertaking.  Good thing she was not interested in photography as well. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 09:33:12 am »

... a taxidermist, which takes a special kind of person I guess...

Norman Bates?

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 03:56:26 pm »

Norman Bates?

Is incest allowed in taxidermy? Or only in embalming?

Luckily, we don't all have to live in such an ugly house; home is where the heart is, I suppose, so it follows he'd have odd hobbies. Of all the stuffing options open to him, I guess he picked the wrong one, or just had an aversion to running water, silly boy.

I wonder why it's referred to as running water, when water is patently legless? Imagine having to learn English as an adult! It could drive one insane. Maybe Mr Bates was an immigrant.

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 02:54:32 pm »

Years ago I used to submit images to the nature category competition of a small camera club, only to have them disqualified because the subject was dead. "It's not dead", said I, "just pining for the ..."
Well, OK. They were pretty dead, alright.

Pages: [1]   Go Up