Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning lenses etc..  (Read 3179 times)

RedRebel

Cleaning lenses etc..
« on: October 03, 2006, 04:33:17 pm »

How do you clean you lenses, do you use pec pads and eclipse fluid or...

...not to mention how to clean a sensor (ccd)....

Until now I used a cheapo Hama kit for cleaning lenses, simple papers with a few drops of fluid.  It worked quite well, but after using my last piece of paper I bought Pec Pads and Eclipse fluid.

However I think that these pec pads with eclipse fluid leaves far to many streaks on my lenses...it's about three times more work then the old method  

David R. Gurtcheff

Cleaning lenses etc..
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 05:20:15 pm »

Until now I used a cheapo Hama kit for cleaning lenses, simple papers with a few drops of fluid.  It worked quite well, but after using my last piece of paper I bought Pec Pads and Eclipse fluid.

However I think that these pec pads with eclipse fluid leaves far to many streaks on my lenses...it's about three times more work then the old method 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78975\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I also use PEC pads and Eclipse. I actually think it's the best system out there. BUT, I shoot in a seashore environment (blowing fine sand, and salt air), so I leave UV filters on all my lenses. When I return home, I clean the FILTER, not the lens. After using Eclipse on the filter, I then breath on the filter, then clean again with PEC pad (breath is essentially distilled water vapor).
Give the breath trick a try after Eclipse and see if it works for you. Always be careful, as some lens coatings are soft (especially older "classic" lenses).
Regards
Dave G.
www.modernpictorials.com

rkhndjr

Cleaning lenses etc..
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 03:45:12 pm »

Until now I used a cheapo Hama kit for cleaning lenses, simple papers with a few drops of fluid.  It worked quite well, but after using my last piece of paper I bought Pec Pads and Eclipse fluid.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78975\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have never heard of using Eclipse and Pec pads for a lens! That's for a sensor. Use Formula MC and the cleaning cloth that is usually sold with it. Get them at 2filter.com or any online seller.
Pages: [1]   Go Up