Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DxO Labs in receivership / bankruptcy  (Read 5607 times)

Ray Harrison

DxO Labs in receivership / bankruptcy
« on: April 23, 2018, 07:36:47 pm »

My first post (Hello!). DxO Labs has apparently gone into receivership/bankruptcy proceedings according to a report over on dpreview. I've been a big fan of theirs for a long time so will be interesting to see what happens, in particular after having picked up Nik collection.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/8082926726/dxo-labs-begins-bankruptcy-process-in-france-says-customers-will-not-be-affected

Thanks,
Ray

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: DxO Labs in receivership / bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 08:12:42 pm »

Welcome to LuLa!
This topic and a link to the DPR 'article' can be found here:
http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=124425.0
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Lundberg02

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 02:02:07 am »

I never bothered to try it when I found out they didn't support Pro Photo, I think it was. If it wasn't that , it was something equally stupid.

IanSeward

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 11:54:12 am »

My first post (Hello!). DxO Labs has apparently gone into receivership/bankruptcy proceedings according to a report over on dpreview. I've been a big fan of theirs for a long time so will be interesting to see what happens, in particular after having picked up Nik collection.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/8082926726/dxo-labs-begins-bankruptcy-process-in-france-says-customers-will-not-be-affected

Thanks,
Ray

Latest info.  Obviously Chapter 11 is USA so I guess they are trying to communicate the situatio.  Not many would understand the French legal reference:
Greetings.

On March 7, 2018, DxO Labs chose to file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection and is now in the process of restructuring the business.

We are very confident that this procedure, which should not last for more than a few more weeks, will not affect our customers in any way. In fact, we are pleased to announce the following upcoming product releases:

In June, we will release a free update (version 1.2) of our flagship software, DxO PhotoLab. Recently awarded the TIPA 2018 Award for Best Image Processing Software, this latest version of DxO PhotoLab will include improved local correction features, and will add support for 7 cameras, including the Canon EOS 2000D and the Sony A7 III. This release will also be an opportunity for us to reiterate our commitment to the “perpetual license” model (as opposed to a subscription model) that allows our customers to update their products according to their needs, rather than in a constrained manner.
    In June, we will release the new version of the Nik Software Collection, which DxO acquired from Google at the end of 2017. Much awaited by the Nik software community, this first “by DxO” version focuses on fixing bugs that up until now could disrupt the user experience, as well as on ensuring full compatibility with the latest Mac OS and PC platforms.

Thank you for your understanding and confidence,

The DxO Team

D White

• Don White
    • iStock
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 10:33:08 am »

Maybe they paid too much to Google for the NIK software and are trying to trim debt.
Dr D White DDS BSc

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 02:08:15 am »

I think they are paying the price for their hardware endeavor.

On the software side they have never been this relevant. The integration of U point technology (though imperfect in this first iteration) makes DxO lab the most credible one stop alternative to PS. Add their best in class optical correction and best in class noise reduction and you have something truly special.

Cheers,
Bernard

Lundberg02

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 02:38:22 am »

Do they support Pro Photo? I dismissed them ten years ago because they weren't relevant at all.

mediumcool

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 09:56:43 am »

Do they support Pro Photo? I dismissed them ten years ago because they weren't relevant at all.

Did you mean ProPhotoRGB?
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

Lundberg02

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 12:03:14 am »

of course I do, no one uses the full title

BAB

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 06:41:34 pm »

in receivership/bankruptcy proceedings is the best place to be if your trying to save your ass. don't care much about their NR I don't get much noise in my images unless shooting a very high ISO. Time will tell if they survive the reorganization, if not another one bits the dust![/font][/size]
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

IanSeward

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 03:44:54 am »

DXO appear to have come through their problems and have issued updates to DXO-PL and released their version of the NIK plugins.  The NIK plugin is simply a stability / new OS compatibility release. It will be interesting to see how they develop these not only as an independent product but whether they will fully integrate NIK plugins into DXO-PL.  Adding pixel editing functions to their raw converter.

I use C1Pro and DXO's biggest drawback was the lack of local adjustments.  Now that they have added U-point technology in DXO-PL that has certainly improved their position.

New camera support:

Panasonic Lumix TZ90/ZS70/TZ91/TZ92/TZ93, Panasonic Lumix GF9/GX800/GX850, Panasonic Lumix DMC G9, Apple iPhone 8 Plus, Apple iPhone X, Canon EOS 200D / Rebel T7 / EOS Kiss X90 / EOS 1500D, Sony A7 III

Improved local adjustments. 

Local adjustments have expanded to add two new corrections, Hue (HSL) and Selective tone. The equalizer has also been improved, and corrections are now categorized according to three types: Light, Color, and Detail.

Ian

mediumcool

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 08:51:39 am »

of course I do, no one uses the full title

Calling me a nobody?  :P
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

IanSeward

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 10:37:00 am »

DxO are out of receivership. I think the DXO One is dead as expected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up