Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More Moon  (Read 1820 times)

Rob C

More Moon
« on: April 22, 2018, 09:56:37 am »

This is what happens when you don't have enough megapixies; nobody should suffer in this way.

http://www.graphicine.com/sarah-moon-i-see-you/

And no auto-focus! That was the final, most cruel of cuts.

;-)

Rob

But this should make up for it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4RUXrbLVYA 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:03:35 am by Rob C »

Peter McLennan

Re: More Moon
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 10:51:14 am »

Overexposure! Motion blur! Grain! Ahggghhhh! The horror! The HORROR!
*edit* Kidding, of course.  I've loved Sarah Moon's work since forever.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:47:44 pm by Peter McLennan »

Telecaster

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 03:31:55 pm »

Your wish…

;)

-Dave-

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 04:08:52 pm »

Your wish…

;)

-Dave-
Sarah looks much better in this one.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 03:39:11 am »

Overexposure! Motion blur! Grain! Ahggghhhh! The horror! The HORROR!
*edit* Kidding, of course.  I've loved Sarah Moon's work since forever.

Peter, it never crossed my mind that anyone could but enjoy her mind and vision!

However, as this is the Internet, I'm not surprised by your edit at all - I sometimes feel driven to clarify things too.

Were you aware of the other Moon, Sara? She's a painter/illustrator, and when we lived in Scotland we had a big framed print of one of her pictures in the sitting room. My wife saw it in a window and knew at once I'd go for it. When we sold our house to come to Mallorca, the buyer asked to buy the picture, to which we agreed, so I wonder if that made me an art dealer (temporary)?

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 05:16:25 am »

Peter, it never crossed my mind that anyone could but enjoy her mind and vision!

However, as this is the Internet, I'm not surprised by your edit at all - I sometimes feel driven to clarify things too.

Were you aware of the other Moon, Sara? She's a painter/illustrator, and when we lived in Scotland we had a big framed print of one of her pictures in the sitting room. My wife saw it in a window and knew at once I'd go for it. When we sold our house to come to Mallorca, the buyer asked to buy the picture, to which we agreed, so I wonder if that made me an art dealer (temporary)?

This Sara Moon?

If so then she is a he, the German national male artist, Bijan Djamalzadeh.

See also Here

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 07:51:55 am »

This Sara Moon?

If so then she is a he, the German national male artist, Bijan Djamalzadeh.

See also Here

Well, live and learn!

I always thought of the artist "formerly known as she" as being the embodiment of the Biba ethos, and into/for which the other, female (I hope!) Sarah-with-an-h piled so much memorable work!

I have sometimes keyed the Sara one into Google, mainly in order to find collections, but didn't do a deeper search.

Funny, but I'm in the French restaurant just now where I usually lunch (wish I had one of those "ladies who lunch" of my own still) and the place is mobbed with clients. Maybe it will encourage him to renew his ten-year lease again... but I think he has really had enough of the life. Thank God for 'phones that allow the music in but not the madness of the echoes and conversations!

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 12:31:32 pm »

Well, live and learn!

I always thought of the artist "formerly known as she" as being the embodiment of the Biba ethos, and into/for which the other, female (I hope!) Sarah-with-an-h piled so much memorable work!

I have sometimes keyed the Sara one into Google, mainly in order to find collections, but didn't do a deeper search.

Funny, but I'm in the French restaurant just now where I usually lunch (wish I had one of those "ladies who lunch" of my own still) and the place is mobbed with clients. Maybe it will encourage him to renew his ten-year lease again... but I think he has really had enough of the life. Thank God for 'phones that allow the music in but not the madness of the echoes and conversations!

Yes, it was indeed a shock to learn that the artist formerly known as she was anything but. Hey, keeps life interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up