Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Stormy Weather...  (Read 13153 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Stormy Weather...
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 02:46:07 pm »

It'd be interesting to see you document that one, Bill.

Compare Sanders and Corbyn, Russ. It's a start.

Jeremy

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 02:49:21 pm »

Can I just point out that you don't really have a 'left' in the US, just a less extreme form of a 'right' in politics?

Well, maybe in comparison to the Loony Left (a British parliamentarian term) ;)

James Clark

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 11:01:31 pm »

Oooohhh! George H.W. Bush "was accused of touching. . . during a promotion event. . ." Great guns! That's really raunchy, especially compared with letting a girl drown in a submerged car.

And then there's Roy Moore. Nine women accused him of "sexual misconduct." That's a bad one, especially when compared with what Clinton did to Juanita Broderick and others.

And there's Jeff Hoover in Kentucky, with "multiple sexual harassment allegations." Oh my. And when we go on we find allegations about Jeff Kruse, an Oregon state senator.

I could run on down through the list, but I don't see a single one that comes close to a Jack Kennedy, Teddy Kennedy, or Gary Hart, all of whom were caught with their red (blue?) hands in the cookie jar (so to speak.) Do you really want me to go on? I just checked out Democrat sexual scandals available on the web. I could post those, but I'll avoid doing it unless you insist.

But I agree with you 100 percent about "the pointlessness of worrying about this stuff." Somebody needs to explain that to Jeff.

It's curious that you're quick to dismiss "allegations" against the Rs but equally ready assume the most salacious conclusions about the Ds are true (Broderick).   To anyone not blinded by partisan nonsense, its obvious that for every Gary Hart there's a David Vitter.  For every Anthony Weiner there's a Dennis Hastert. And the reverse is true as well.

The difference, of course, is that the Dems haven't spent every Sunday morning for the last 30 years braying their holy sanctimony from the pulpit before they sneak off on Monday to pay for abortions they claim to want to make illegal, or to pay off the teenage boys they were busy "mentoring" after those Sunday services. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 11:21:45 pm by James Clark »

James Clark

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 11:04:51 pm »

You left out Clinton's rape of Juanita Broderick, when he was attorney general of Arkansas.

Kent in SD

And pizzagate too! Oh, the humanity. 

James Clark

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 11:29:59 pm »

But seriously - Trump's loathsome personality aside, what's more important is that the whole administration is utterly crawling with people that make utterly despicable decisions.

Just massive, massive stupidity and cruelty top to bottom, every day. 

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 04:37:27 am »

It'd be interesting to see you document that one, Bill.

Well your Democratic Party are at least as right-wing as our Conservative Party on most things, and they're pretty horribly right-wing. All things are relative.

Rob C

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2018, 05:19:48 am »

Well your Democratic Party are at least as right-wing as our Conservative Party on most things, and they're pretty horribly right-wing. All things are relative.

No, the problem is that the ridiculously right is a small but powerful groupìng. It fights way above its weight - or at least gesticulates that way - because of one factor: the irrational fear that the rest of the Conservative party politicians seem to have of that group.

May should have fired the lot of them. But then, in its current position, that same group of crazies is drawing its strength not only from the cowed Conservatives, but from the mixed bag that voted for Brexit, a bag that contains all the rest of the nutters who believe that times have not changed, that Birmingham and Newcastle-upon-Tyne are still the machine shops to the world.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2018, 05:31:16 am »

No, the problem is that the ridiculously right is a small but powerful groupìng. It fights way above its weight - or at least gesticulates that way - because of one factor: the irrational fear that the rest of the Conservative party politicians seem to have of that group.

May should have fired the lot of them. But then, in its current position, that same group of crazies is drawing its strength not only from the cowed Conservatives, but from the mixed bag that voted for Brexit, a bag that contains all the rest of the nutters who believe that times have not changed, that Birmingham and Newcastle-upon-Tyne are still the machine shops to the world.

Yeah, that's a fair assessment

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2018, 08:38:38 am »

It's curious that you're quick to dismiss "allegations" against the Rs but equally ready assume the most salacious conclusions about the Ds are true (Broderick).   To anyone not blinded by partisan nonsense, its obvious that for every Gary Hart there's a David Vitter.  For every Anthony Weiner there's a Dennis Hastert. And the reverse is true as well.

The difference, of course, is that the Dems haven't spent every Sunday morning for the last 30 years braying their holy sanctimony from the pulpit before they sneak off on Monday to pay for abortions they claim to want to make illegal, or to pay off the teenage boys they were busy "mentoring" after those Sunday services.

Sex scandals are the ones they trot out for TV ratings, but it doesn't end there obviously. Did you see that John Boerner will be a Director of a cannabis-industry company? A similar thing happened  here in Canada, where two ex-police officials (one an ex-chief of police in Toronto, can't remember the other) have ended up on the boards of some cannabis corporation or other after speaking out for years against the dangers of illegal drugs. I don't begrudge them those jobs, they have every right to take them, but still.

If I were still working, I'd be tempted to start an office pool for when Jeff Sessions gets appointed to such a job, he who remains outspoken about cannabis, still trying to jail people, at least in the headlines.

Anyway, this is straying pretty far from the OP topic.
--
Robert

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2018, 09:38:59 am »

As much as I think that Trump is a living disaster and a disgrace for the US and politicians as a whole, I couldn’t care less about who he sleeps with.

Cheers,
Bernard

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2018, 11:34:13 am »

Compare Sanders and Corbyn, Russ. It's a start.

Jeremy

You're right, Jeremy. Each is like a hurricane out at sea, moving your way. Let's hope neither storm ever touches land.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

James Clark

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2018, 11:41:22 am »

As much as I think that Trump is a living disaster and a disgrace for the US and politicians as a whole, I couldn’t care less about who he sleeps with.

Cheers,
Bernard

Nor, particularly, do I.   I'm fairly certain that you could go through the list of United States presidents (and other politicians) and find absolutely no correlation between their ability and performance in office and their personal sexual issues/histories/peccadillos regardless of party.

I've held that position for decades.  Some people, unfortunately, seem to believe the same, or not, depending on whether their "team" is in office - sort of like the deficit/national debt. The problem isn't that conservatives and liberals can't reconcile fundamental philosophies to reach compromise on matters of importance, it's that tribalism (especially on the right for the last decade plus, but the left is sadly catching up very quickly) has seemingly eradicated any sort of moderation.

James Clark

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2018, 11:42:45 am »

Yeah, that's a fair assessment

Indeed, it is.  It holds true here as well.

James Clark

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2018, 11:46:15 am »

Sex scandals are the ones they trot out for TV ratings, but it doesn't end there obviously. Did you see that John Boerner will be a Director of a cannabis-industry company? A similar thing happened  here in Canada, where two ex-police officials (one an ex-chief of police in Toronto, can't remember the other) have ended up on the boards of some cannabis corporation or other after speaking out for years against the dangers of illegal drugs. I don't begrudge them those jobs, they have every right to take them, but still.

If I were still working, I'd be tempted to start an office pool for when Jeff Sessions gets appointed to such a job, he who remains outspoken about cannabis, still trying to jail people, at least in the headlines.

Anyway, this is straying pretty far from the OP topic.

Far from the OP topic, but full of truth.   Sessions is also the guy that wants to ramp up civil asset forfeiture again.  The whole lot of them need to be gone.  (Except Mattis - he's been doing a pretty good job by all indications, and Nikki Haley seems more than competent, even if I don't like her politics).

RSL

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2018, 12:04:52 pm »

The stuff on Mattress Jack wasn't just an allegation. It was confirmed by a multitude. Neither was the stuff on Clinton just an allegation when he actually got caught red-handed by the dress upon which he'd left his calling card. You can argue about Broderick (and a raft of his other "conquests") all day, but you can't deny the evidence on the dress. Same thing with Gary Hart -- caught red-handed with a boatful of trollops on the Monkey Business after he dared the press to follow him around. Then there was Teddy Kennedy; another case where we aren't simply talking about "accusations" or marital infidelity. We're talking about a truly serious crime.

Yes, David Vitter went with trollops, but he didn't dare the press to follow him around or turn out for blow jobs in the Oval Office. Dennis Hastert is a disgusting case, and I'm certainly not going to try to defend him. Weiner, on the other hand, being a Democrat, got let off a couple times and went right back to exposing himself. This guy is about as sick as they come, but he's probably going to have to become a Republican before they'll put him away for good.

Probably the worst case among the Democrats was John Edwards who chased every skirt in sight while he was a Dem vice-presidential candidate and his wife was dying of cancer.

I could go on and on, James if you'd like me to. I probably have an advantage because I'm old enough to remember this crap when it was going on. I see your age is N/A, so you're probably too young to have known about any of this first-hand.

Oh yeah. We might also want to talk about the stuff the Dems did to blacks in the deep South before the Republicans got things under control. I was there for that too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:09:29 pm by RSL »

James Clark

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2018, 01:35:38 pm »

The stuff on Mattress Jack wasn't just an allegation. It was confirmed by a multitude. Neither was the stuff on Clinton just an allegation when he actually got caught red-handed by the dress upon which he'd left his calling card. You can argue about Broderick (and a raft of his other "conquests") all day, but you can't deny the evidence on the dress. Same thing with Gary Hart -- caught red-handed with a boatful of trollops on the Monkey Business after he dared the press to follow him around. Then there was Teddy Kennedy; another case where we aren't simply talking about "accusations" or marital infidelity. We're talking about a truly serious crime.

Yes, David Vitter went with trollops, but he didn't dare the press to follow him around or turn out for blow jobs in the Oval Office. Dennis Hastert is a disgusting case, and I'm certainly not going to try to defend him. Weiner, on the other hand, being a Democrat, got let off a couple times and went right back to exposing himself. This guy is about as sick as they come, but he's probably going to have to become a Republican before they'll put him away for good.

Probably the worst case among the Democrats was John Edwards who chased every skirt in sight while he was a Dem vice-presidential candidate and his wife was dying of cancer.

I could go on and on, James if you'd like me to. I probably have an advantage because I'm old enough to remember this crap when it was going on. I see your age is N/A, so you're probably too young to have known about any of this first-hand.

Please do Russ, because despite what you think you know, for every Clinton there's a Gingrich prosecuting him while having an affair on the side, and there's a John Ensign and Mark Sanford carrying on the grand GOP tradition of massive moral hypocrisy. 

No one - absolutely no one - is claiming that liberals are any less prone to moral failings than are conservatives.  The difference is that liberals are a whole lot less likely to be hypocritical weasels about it.

Oh yeah. We might also want to talk about the stuff the Dems did to blacks in the deep South before the Republicans got things under control. I was there for that too.

As for Jim Crow democrats like George Wallace, to hell with them and their disgusting platforms.  See, I have zero problem saying that.  If you and those like you could only be so critical of your own "tribe" we wouldn't all be stuck with the incompetent child currently occupying the white house.

John Camp

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2018, 02:04:12 pm »

It's a little hard for me to believe that anyone smart enough to operate a camera could defend Donald Trump.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2018, 02:42:58 pm »

It's a little hard for me to believe that anyone smart enough to operate a camera could defend Donald Trump.

Have a look at photos around the Net, John. You're setting the bar pretty low.

Jeremy

RSL

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2018, 03:06:37 pm »

Please do Russ, because despite what you think you know, for every Clinton there's a Gingrich prosecuting him while having an affair on the side, and there's a John Ensign and Mark Sanford carrying on the grand GOP tradition of massive moral hypocrisy.

There's plenty of moral hypocrisy among politicians, James -- on both sides of the aisle. That's politics. But I'm not really concerned about hypocrisy as much as I'm concerned about misdemeanors and felonies, the second of which, by the way is what we call a failure properly to secure top secret, limited access material. With very few exceptions, the actionable crimes seem to be carried out by those on the left.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2018, 03:17:09 pm »

Thanks for the belly-laugh.

But then I started thinking about point-and-shoots and iPhones, they're pretty easy to use. :)
--
Robert
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up