Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DxO's NIK plugins  (Read 2710 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
DxO's NIK plugins
« on: April 05, 2018, 03:36:10 pm »

I was just looking at the DxO page on the NIK plugins. I was curious if they had developed new version (they have not yet released specifically new ones).

Has anyone download these versions and used them? My current NIK are the ones Google last released years ago and, though usable for me, have funky issues going on with the latest version of Photoshop. I'm curious whether the DxO versions have been at least tweaked enough not to have interface and functional quirks and issues.

aderickson

Re: DxO's NIK plugins
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 08:30:51 pm »

I only have Photoshop Elements 2018 but use the Nik Collection with absolutely no issues.

I also use them in Affinity Photo where they do indeed have issues.

Allan

Miles

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 10:18:13 am »

I recently rebuilt my pc.  In that process I downloaded the Nik Collection from DxO and it appears to be identical to what I had before.
Miles

fotagf8

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 12:11:59 pm »

I think there is something coming later in the year, although I have noticed a reference to uPoint technology with respect to their other software, suggesting that they may have already begun to incorporate Nik technology into their existing software. 

I have been wondering whether Nik will continue to be a free standing software suite, or combined with other software.  I've use both Silver Efecs and the DxO FilmPak 5, which is a Black and White conversion program.  I have been curious whether DxO will combine the two.

kirkt

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 11:43:16 am »

The U-Point technology is integrated in DxO PhotoLab, the newish version of their raw converter (formerly known as DxO Optics Pro).  PhotoLab is the first DxO raw converter to include local adjustments, and one tool to apply local adjustments is through the U-Point model. 

kirk

Michael Letchford

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 04:52:44 pm »

The U-Point technology is integrated in DxO PhotoLab, the newish version of their raw converter (formerly known as DxO Optics Pro).  PhotoLab is the first DxO raw converter to include local adjustments, and one tool to apply local adjustments is through the U-Point model. 

kirk

I downloaded them from DxO and they were the same as the previous bundle from Google. I don't think the new versions are quite ready yet.

Incidentally you can apply 'local adjustments' in ACR can't you - using masks - or am I mistaken?

Mike

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 11:47:18 am »

DXO is now going through a financial realignment, and is insolvent as of this time, but they have time to reorganize and find a possible buyer.
https://www.dpreview.com/news/8082926726/dxo-labs-begins-bankruptcy-process-in-france-says-customers-will-not-be-affected

See what happens to the NIK plugins now.....

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Rand47

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 08:07:14 am »

DXO is now going through a financial realignment, and is insolvent as of this time, but they have time to reorganize and find a possible buyer.
https://www.dpreview.com/news/8082926726/dxo-labs-begins-bankruptcy-process-in-france-says-customers-will-not-be-affected

See what happens to the NIK plugins now.....

Alan

“In June, we will release the new version of the Nik Software Collection, which DxO acquired from Google at the end of 2017. Much awaited by the Nik software community, this first “by DxO” version focuses on fixing bugs that up until now could disrupt the user experience, as well as on ensuring full compatibility with the latest Mac OS and PC platforms.”

https://camerajabber.com/dxo-to-release-nik-software-in-june-comments-on-dxo-labs-bankruptcy/

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

aderickson

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 12:15:36 pm »

I paid a fair amount of money for the Nik Collection before they became freeware. I wonder if future upgrades will be discounted for people who paid.

I must say though, I have no issues except with Affinity Photo where the colors are not accurate.

Allan

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 02:29:13 pm »

I paid a fair amount of money for the Nik Collection before they became freeware. I wonder if future upgrades will be discounted for people who paid.

That would be nice, wouldn't it? Although I have to say that given what I paid and the amount of use I've had from the suite, I do feel I've had my money's worth.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up