Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there large sheets Matte paper with deckle edge?  (Read 1244 times)

narikin

Are there large sheets Matte paper with deckle edge?
« on: April 04, 2018, 09:50:11 pm »

I have some work to do where large prints (in the region of 30x40" up to 44x60"+, if possible) will be wanted, with the whole deckle edge look.  As my knowledge ends with PK papers, can someone tell me if x-large cut sheets are out there that will have the effect wanted, or is there a way to buy something like a roll of Hahn Photo Rag or Canson Rag Photographique and get the deckle edge required?

Alternatively is there some kind of etching paper that is right for this job, and works well in an inkjet printer?

Thanks!

mearussi

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Re: Are there large sheets Matte paper with deckle edge?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 12:03:50 am »

There’s a ruler you can buy that has a deckle edge for tearing your own paper. Westcott Grip and Grip or the Dual Edge Ripper.

You can buy A1 size deckle edge sheets here but they are extremely expensive handmade sheets: http://awagami.com/online/AIJP/index.html#Bizan

narikin

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 01:32:51 pm »

Thanks both. Useful information to have. Much appreciated.

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 07:25:00 am »

There’s a ruler you can buy that has a deckle edge for tearing your own paper. Westcott Grip and Grip or the Dual Edge Ripper.

You can buy A1 size deckle edge sheets here but they are extremely expensive handmade sheets: http://awagami.com/online/AIJP/index.html#Bizan

Ah Ryan, you beat me to it! I have the deckle edge ruler and find it very useful, mine has one edge that is a good deal more jagged than the other so you can vary your rips if you like.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell
Pages: [1]   Go Up