Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID  (Read 17060 times)

RobertJ

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« on: September 30, 2006, 04:40:25 pm »

Can someone help me out with a fairly simple question I have about this camera?

I know the "Pro IID" was announced around the same time the ZD back was announced about 45289589 years ago, because they seem to be designed for each other, but I'm a little confused about how this camera works with other digital backs compared to the regular "Pro II" (the non-"D").

On the Phase One digital back chart, it basically shows this:

- A Hasselblad V mount digital back = RZ Pro II with Phase One adapter.

- A Mamiya 645AFd mount back = RZ Pro IID with MAMIYA adapter.

Now, the regular Pro II requires cables going from the digiback to the camera, and also to the lens.  

Does the Pro IID require ZERO cables with a Phase digital back?

What's the purpose of the Mamiya adapter, and where the hell do you find one?

And finally, how does LEAF mount their backs on the Pro IID?  Do THEY require the Mamiya adapter as well?

I'm not necessarily moving into this system, but I'm just trying to educate myself on this matter.  It might be nice to have one back that works on both the 645AFd AND the RZ67.

rljones

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 06:53:57 pm »

This won't answer all of your questions, but I got this from Steve Hendrix when I ordered a Leaf 65 from him for my 645AFDii. The following is what a Leaf designed for either the 645AFD or the Hasselblad V can fit:

"From Mamiya 645AFD, you can go to:
*View Camera
*Mamiya RB
*Mamiya RZ
*Fuji 680

"From Hasselblad V (Universal), you can go to:
*View Camera
*Mamiya RB
*Mamiya RZ
*Fuji 680
*Bronica

"Neither Mamiya 645AFD nor Hasselblad V (Universal), will allow you to go onto the other."

Regards, Robert
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 06:55:02 pm by rljones »

WillyV.

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 04:42:29 pm »

Can someone help me out with a fairly simple question I have about this camera?

I know the "Pro IID" was announced around the same time the ZD back was announced about 45289589 years ago, because they seem to be designed for each other, but I'm a little confused about how this camera works with other digital backs compared to the regular "Pro II" (the non-"D").

On the Phase One digital back chart, it basically shows this:

- A Hasselblad V mount digital back = RZ Pro II with Phase One adapter.

- A Mamiya 645AFd mount back = RZ Pro IID with MAMIYA adapter.

Now, the regular Pro II requires cables going from the digiback to the camera, and also to the lens. 

Does the Pro IID require ZERO cables with a Phase digital back?

What's the purpose of the Mamiya adapter, and where the hell do you find one?

And finally, how does LEAF mount their backs on the Pro IID?  Do THEY require the Mamiya adapter as well?

I'm not necessarily moving into this system, but I'm just trying to educate myself on this matter.  It might be nice to have one back that works on both the 645AFd AND the RZ67.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78469\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi, I was just wondering about the same issue before PhotoKina this year, therefore I asked Mamiya and the answer is yes... With the adapter from Mamiya you can use Leaf and PhaseOne backs without ANY cables from the back to lens. The reason is that both Leaf and Phase use Mamiya interface. The adaptor is now available from dealers (at least in Europe)

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 04:51:00 pm »

Hi, I was just wondering about the same issue before PhotoKina this year, therefore I asked Mamiya and the answer is yes... With the adapter from Mamiya you can use Leaf and PhaseOne backs without ANY cables from the back to lens. The reason is that both Leaf and Phase use Mamiya interface. The adaptor is now available from dealers (at least in Europe)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78654\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I understand this Mamiya Rep may have said you don't need cables, and I believe that was part of the intent of the Pro-IID, but I believe that has not to this point been achieved, and that you do require the one cable.

I could be wrong, but I've heard from users trying to make that work (no cable) without success.

Steve Hendrix
PPR Digital
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

nicolaasdb

• http://
Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 06:25:12 pm »

the leaf rep told me that you need an adapter and a cable because of the leafshutter lens...but one cable from the front to the back..who cares?!? I just bought a used 67 ProII, lenses, winder, prizm etc..for a total of about 2500 bucks...which is a joke compared to the quality of the products!

Now I am trying to get a good quote for a Aptus 75 back....I will deal with a small cable

RobertJ

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 11:03:04 pm »

Thanks for the info guys.  The Pro IID still makes me think it's mostly an unecessary upgrade, since, well, the ZD back still isn't out yet (not that I would buy one anyway).  

nicolaasdb, I agree that you can buy the used RZ system for basically nothing, but don't the cables take up the cable release slot, as well as the flash sync connection on the lens?

Just curious.

WillyV.

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 08:39:37 am »

I understand this Mamiya Rep may have said you don't need cables, and I believe that was part of the intent of the Pro-IID, but I believe that has not to this point been achieved, and that you do require the one cable.

I could be wrong, but I've heard from users trying to make that work (no cable) without success.

Steve Hendrix
PPR Digital
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78656\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi, Can you please send me the name of the photographer that has tested? If you cannot post it here on the web, please send it to my mail. You can use the Phase & Leaf backs WITHOUT cable IF you use the adaptor from Mamiya. This means: No cable from back to sync on the lens. If you use the adaptor from Leaf or Phase, then you need the cable from back to sync.

pprdigital

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 08:45:46 am »

Hi, Can you please send me the name of the photographer that has tested? If you cannot post it here on the web, please send it to my mail. You can use the Phase & Leaf backs WITHOUT cable IF you use the adaptor from Mamiya. This means: No cable from back to sync on the lens. If you use the adaptor from Leaf or Phase, then you need the cable from back to sync.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78752\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Willy:

I won't post the name of the photographer or email it - it doesn't really matter who that was.

If you feel so sure that it will work, can you provide your reasoning for this? Used it yourself? Others using it, etc?

I'm told the adapter from Mamiya isn't even shipping yet.

Can you respond?

Steve Hendrix
PPR Digital
Steve Hendrix

WillyV.

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 10:09:46 am »

Willy:

I won't post the name of the photographer or email it - it doesn't really matter who that was.

If you feel so sure that it will work, can you provide your reasoning for this? Used it yourself? Others using it, etc?

I'm told the adapter from Mamiya isn't even shipping yet.

Can you respond?

Steve Hendrix
PPR Digital
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78753\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi, I´m a Mamiya dealer and we´ve got it in stock. Yes it´s working.

pprdigital

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 11:52:25 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78762\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, that's great news. This works with both Phase One and Leaf backs with no cable? And you've had no issues with it? How long have you had it in stock?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Hendrix
PPR Digital
Steve Hendrix

yaya

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 12:15:17 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78762\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

WillyV, can you please give us the Mamiya part number and the end user price?

thanks, yair

RobertJ

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 09:38:44 pm »

Can someone tell me where I can even locate a Mamiya adapter?

I'm in the Northern Virginia/Washington D.C. area, so I'm wondering if these are even available in America yet?

WillyV.

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 09:44:38 am »

WillyV, can you please give us the Mamiya part number and the end user price?

thanks, yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78777\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Yair! Mamiya part number 524320 -   Mamiya Digital Adapter HX70 and the price is 590 euros.

yaya

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 05:18:05 pm »

Hi Yair! Mamiya part number 524320 -   Mamiya Digital Adapter HX70 and the price is 590 euros.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78903\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, this is a useful piece of information!

Yair

RicAgu

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 11:40:58 pm »

HELLO!

Can I use my H1 P25 and A75 on an RZ with this Mamiya plate with out Cables?  Ia m ready to buy it tomorrow!  Where can I get it!  Because the Eco Digital was a pain to use and I would love to get my hands on this plate YESTERDAY.  

If you are delare here let me know where I can reach you.

Thanks,

Richard  

RobertJ

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 03:10:20 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, you would need a Mamiya 645AFD mount back in order to use it with the RZ IID and mamiya adapter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up