Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adapt Fuji GFX Lenses on to Hasselblad X1D Camera?  (Read 1940 times)

Fotophil

Adapt Fuji GFX Lenses on to Hasselblad X1D Camera?
« on: March 31, 2018, 03:56:11 pm »

Is it possible to design an adapter to mount Fuji GFX lens on to a Hasselblad X1D Camera or are the flange distances too close?

Joe Towner

Re: Adapt Fuji GFX Lenses on to Hasselblad X1D Camera?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 04:24:17 pm »

The flange on the GFX is 26.7mm, the Hass can't be too far off from that.  What lens are you trying to mount? 

You may be better off mounting a H lens - the widest Fuji is the 23mm, so the HCD 24mm, while not small, would be the best bet.
t: @PNWMF

akpo

• A K P O
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 10:02:50 am »

It will not work, Fuji GFX lenses are fly-by-wire (the focusing ring is not manual, needs electric power to move focusing assembly) and so are Hasselblad X1D lenses.  If someone did make a dummy adapter (metal tube to cover the flange distance difference between the two mounts), you are stuck to one focus range and one aperture (wide-open) on the GFX lens.

The best way is to adapt all your lenses to one common platform (EF or Mamiya 645 comes to mind) then adapt either to the GFX and X1D.
Custom Photographic Optics
www.akpo.ca

Fotophil

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 11:17:40 am »

I had not even thought about the focus-by-wire aspect. I suspect the other problem the the flange distances for the two cameras are so close that   there is no room for even a dumb adapter. Overall my idea it seems to be a dumb idea!

akpo

• A K P O
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 11:24:06 am »

It's not a dumb idea at all, I was actually thinking of a GFX to Sony FE/E-mount (for the A7x platform) that would be very useful for manual/vintage/35mm TS/speedboosted lenses already adapted to the GFX.  This would work well for the X1D platform too (if one had both GFX/X1D systems).

Overall you aren't missing much in terms of lenses on the X1D system, they are really only missing the wide zoom and the 110/2 lens.  You can probably find a 110/2 Planar or an adapted projection/fast 35mm lens to use on the X1D.
Custom Photographic Optics
www.akpo.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up