Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Advice: new 700ml Ink error. Anyony use a chip resetter? or Non OEM ink Car  (Read 651 times)

disneytoy

Hello!

Was doing a cleaning on the Epson 9890. It required a new cart in the Light Black to do the cleaning (1%). I had a sealed 700ml exp cart I installed and got an error. I tried alcohol on the chips contacts. Still could not read it.

Had this issue once when my Printer was new and under warranty and they replaced it.

I had a second backup cart which worked.

So, I was thinking of getting a chip resetter? Anyone use one on 7900,9900,9890 carts? Any luck?

My second though was getting a chip from a "Compatible" Have only ever used Epson Ink. So no experience with 3rd party chips.

I'd hate to wast a 700ml ink cartridge.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Max

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com

If it was new, Epson will replace it.  I would contact the dealer you purchased it from.

mearussi

This worked for the 350ml carts on my 9900:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chip-Resetter-for-Epson-Stylus-pro-7900-7910-9900-9910-7700-Ink-cartridge-T5961-/263121698280?hash=item3d43467de8

but I never tried it on any 700ml carts. Also sometimes the carts just wouldn't read correctly anyway. It's a known flaw in the machine.

disneytoy

The cartridge was new sealed, but expired. I'll ask Epson, But I'll guess they wont replace it. The ink is fine, just the chip.

Randy Carone

Epson will definitely replace it. Not an uncommon issue. Your dealer should be able to give you the number to call or just use the published number and work your way to the right rep.
Randy Carone
Pages: [1]   Go Up