Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei/Leaf/Sinar/Kodak/Leica/Jenoptik  (Read 7313 times)

Nemo

Rollei/Leaf/Sinar/Kodak/Leica/Jenoptik
« on: September 30, 2006, 05:29:03 am »

I am not sure about it.

Is it an open platform like the 4/3 standard?

I think it would be a great idea: a new platform open to digital backs manufacturers and optic companies. Leaf/Kodak and Sinar/Jenoptik would provide backs (Phase One should be invited) and Zeiss, Schneider and Leica would bring the lenses... The basic specifications would be those of the superb Rollei 6008 system... It would be a terrific MF platform!

However, I have no read anything explicit about any open standard or internal agreement among those companies...

robert zimmerman

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 06:50:16 am »

There's a pretty extensive report here (in German): http://www.photoscala.de/node/2243
What it says is, the HY6 is a Franke & Heidecke MF open platform camera. All HY6's are and will be made by Franke & Heidecke (Rolleiflex) and sold to and then branded by Sinar, Leaf (this was not planned but happened at photokina) and anyone else who wants to use the platform.

They also state that it's possible that a player like Phase One (if they choose to) could also use the platform, brand it as a Phase One Camera and change it in a way that it will only work with Phase backs. This means it's a semi open system, depending on the companies using it.

For now F&H make the body, it will take Rollei Lenses from all 6000 series cameras back to 1974, new Rollei AF lenses (that are coming out), new Jenoptik lenses, Sinar, Jenoptik and Leaf backs.

Nothing is said about the the Sinar M lenses from Zeiss.

It will cost around $5,000 and the release date is set for April 7th (not 1st!) 2007.

What it can do:

• Meter included
• In camera integrated TTL-meter.
• 3 Methods for metering: Electronic multi-zone, spot and multi-Spot.
• Shutter-, Aperture- and Program automatic, and manual.
• Modern TTL-metering at the film plane.
• RGB-Scanner for white balance .
• Electronic shutter with Flash sync from 1/1000 to 30 Seconds.
• Direct-Drive-Linear motor driven aperture and shutter in 1/3 steps.
• PQS-lenses have shutter blades made from carbon in connection with Neodym-magnets in the Linear motor with 1/1000s shutter speeds.
• Use of all Rolleiflex 6000-System lenses without adapter made after 1974.
• In the Film magazine motor driven film transport for single exposure and continuous exposures with  1,5 frames per second.
• With continuous exposures the metering is constantly corrected between frames.

Other tech. stuff Rolleiflex Hy6

AF-Function: AF cross sensor (multi field). Integrated red light lines for AF metering with bad lighting.

Format for Film: 6 x 6 cm und 4,5 x 6 cm

Film types: 120 und 220 Roll-film

Multi spot metering through metering and saving the datei from up to 5 single values

Integrated RGB-Sensor for auto white balance for Digital photography

TTL-Studio pre flash metering:  with  Studio generators

Finders: Waist level finder with loupe, 90° High-Eye-point finder, changeable screens.
Super bright High-D-Screens included

Energy: Hochleistungs Lithium-Ionen-Akku 7,2 V

Hand-grip: In 3 positions lockable (for waist level and 90o-Sucherbetrieb)

Digital backs: special functions and basic programming with menu functions:
1. flash sync; 2. pre flash metering; 3. timer; 4. quiet function on/off; 5. transport on/off;
6. middle point metering on/off; 8. AF- field points; 9. continuous exposures, ±1/3 / ±2/3 LW;
10. frame number

Size & Weight: 1. without Lens or Magazine: 157 x 112 x 78 mm; 2. without Lens: 900 g,
Kpl. with Standard-lens 2,8/80 mm and Magazine 4560: 1700 g

etc., etc., etc.

Nemo

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 07:34:06 am »

... so Franke & Heidecke (Rolleiflex) is in control of the format... The "standard" is based on interal (unknown) agreements. The danger is that you can be locked with a camera-back format. For instance, Leaf could decide not to sell cameras at a particular moment, and your camera could not be used with other backs. Second hand market is a strong point for an opens system, if components are fully interchangeable.
Whether Leica decides to make lenses, Are they obligued to pay royalties to Franke & Heidecke? Would these lenses be compatible with other Hy6 cameras? I find all this very confusing. They do not offer a clear compromise to clients.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 12:49:11 pm »

i remember when the H1 was announced...the excitement..the hype...one body, 2 lenses, 2 more to come...
rollei annonces a completely open, modular system with 50? lenses available NOW, even some other parts interchangeable with the 6000 series and everybody starts asking questions...can it take leica? can it take all backs?....
leica has never made a MF lens in their history, so why should they now? and why should a MF camera take 35mm lenses?
all MF backs have different connections, different timing,....so there is no way to have one camera acepting ALL backs without some kind of adaptor...why would that change with this camera?
the adaptors for emotion or imacon backs are between 1000 and 3000$...in order to put your imacon on your hasselblad, mamiya and contax you have to buy 3 adaptors...it will be very similar with the rollei Hy6, but you might actually just buy buy the body (without lens or finder) for not much more instead of just the adaptor since it looks like there will be versions for leaf, sinar, phase....

william

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 01:17:21 pm »

Yeah, even if nothing else (the new Rollei or Jena lenses) is available until a long time after the camera itself, one of the most important lines above is this:

"Use of ALL Rolleiflex 6000-System lenses without adapter made after 1974"

That's a HUGE batch of manual focus Zeiss and Schneider lenses, and the existing Schneider AF lenses for the Rollei 6008AF (which, I believe, currently include an 80mm f2 AF, 150mm f4 AF, 180mm 2.8 AF and, I think, a 50mm AF).

i remember when the H1 was announced...the excitement..the hype...one body, 2 lenses, 2 more to come...
rollei annonces a completely open, modular system with 50? lenses available NOW, even some other parts interchangeable with the 6000 series and everybody starts asking questions...can it take leica? can it take all backs?....
leica has never made a MF lens in their history, so why should they now? and why should a MF camera take 35mm lenses?
all MF backs have different connections, different timing,....so there is no way to have one camera acepting ALL backs without some kind of adaptor...why would that change with this camera?
the adaptors for emotion or imacon backs are between 1000 and 3000$...in order to put your imacon on your hasselblad, mamiya and contax you have to buy 3 adaptors...it will be very similar with the rollei Hy6, but you might actually just buy buy the body (without lens or finder) for not much more instead of just the adaptor since it looks like there will be versions for leaf, sinar, phase....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78439\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 01:28:41 pm »

Yeah, even if nothing else (the new Rollei or Jena lenses) is available until a long time after the camera itself, one of the most important lines above is this:

"Use of ALL Rolleiflex 6000-System lenses without adapter made after 1974"

That's a HUGE batch of manual focus Zeiss and Schneider lenses, and the existing Schneider AF lenses for the Rollei 6008AF (which, I believe, currently include an 80mm f2 AF, 150mm f4 AF, 180mm 2.8 AF and, I think, a 50mm AF).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78443\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

there is also a 100mm3.5 macro and a AF zoom.....
i just read more details on a german site and it even takes the (rotating) 645 backs of the 6000 system...
i have never seen a newly announced camera with more options...
and don't forget the total intgration with the X-ACT system...

Nemo

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 04:12:54 pm »

rollei annonces a completely open, modular system with 50? lenses available NOW, even some other parts interchangeable with the 6000 series and everybody starts asking questions...

People are worried due to the last movements from Hasselblad, "closing" their H system.

The investment in MF equipment is too high for not considering all the risks...

Lester

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 04:23:14 pm »

All I could say, is that there are too many company fighting for the MF backs. Some will win and some will loose. ( I just hope Phase One will be around, since I have a P45)
I am a old fart, over 60
Pages: [1]   Go Up