Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revenge of the Elephant!  (Read 15544 times)

Rand47

Re: Revenge of the Elephant!
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2018, 04:04:49 pm »

Quite a trick, having a six-year-old daughter and granddaughter!

I must have made some serious errors of judgement along the line...

;-)

Rob,

Love it!  LOL  Thanks . . .   

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Rob C

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2018, 04:23:19 pm »

Rob,

Love it!  LOL  Thanks . . .   

Rand

:-)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2018, 03:34:46 am »

I seem to remember Michael saying with regards to language and the acceptability of profanity that LuLa is a site intended for adults, not children. Perhaps that's changed?

It hasn't.

Jeremy

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2018, 09:57:20 am »

Paolo, this is getting silly. Read my post. It's quite clear that my warning had absolutely nothing to do with language.

If you really want a defined guideline, I'll don my moderator's cap and tell you that any word I have used in a post (other than someone else's quoted text, of course) is axiomatically acceptable. Outwith that range of vocabulary, you take your online life in your hands.  ;)

Can we get back to discussing politics and "art" now? Or even (perish the thought) photography?

Jeremy

Jeremy, I am assuming that in your post you have considered that Tim has made an attack when he wrote:

"From most the reactions posted here I don't think anyone here is qualified to know art from their ass except myself and Jeff. Anyone I left out, sorry."

I still fail to see how this can be considered reason for being banned, but perhaps it's just me. And that is fine.

As for going back to discussing photography, I prefer to do it outside of the CC. If you now encourage to discuss politics and "art" in here, I have no doubts that people will revert to acrid discussions, with many a banned thread...

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2018, 10:27:30 am »

I am assuming...

You are assuming it wrong.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2018, 11:20:50 am »

You are assuming it wrong.

If you say so, it must be right.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2018, 11:33:40 am »

No Paulo, you've been going on and on for several pages, using one single argument: comparing two words, as if that was the reason for the moderator's warning. It was not. It was the totality of the post, the tone used against all other forum members, as well as calling us all "numbnuts." ("stupid or ineffectual person, U.S. slang, from numb (adj.) + nuts 'testicles;' with suggestion of impotence."). It was several times explained to you that it is not about the two words, and yet you kept harping about it, page after page. Hence the comment about being disingenuous (again, from a dictionary: "not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does").

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2018, 11:57:13 am »

Correct. It is not about the words.

Tim made an obviously satirical post referring in a general way to "forum members" and got shut down.
Russ consistently refers, non-satirically, to "left wing loonies" and does not.

Both, pretty obviously, have specific forum members in mind. Both are, basically, very thinly veiled personal attacks, with slightly
different veils.

Jeremy has made his position crystal clear.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2018, 12:53:06 pm »

... Tim made an obviously satirical post referring in a general way to "forum members" and got shut down.
Russ consistently refers, non-satirically, to "left wing loonies" and does not.

Both, pretty obviously, have specific forum members in mind. Both are, basically, very thinly veiled personal attacks, with slightly
different veils...

Let me correct several things, for the benefit of members who do not follow these things closely.

"Obviously satirical" was hardly obvious, given what we know about Tim and his rants/postings, for which he was banned in the past. He was not "shut down," whatever you meant by that, he got a warning. Russ, however, was banned for a week, so your "Russ...does not" is inaccurate (in the same thread in which neither Tim, nor you, were banned for direct, no veil, thin or otherwise, personal attacks).

"Loonie Left" is a political term, originally used in UK parliamentary campaigns. In these forums here, it is used as a general political term, not as a personal attack.

Rob C

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2018, 02:12:57 pm »

Let me correct several things, for the benefit of members who do not follow these things closely.

"Obviously satirical" was hardly obvious, given what we know about Tim and his rants/postings, for which he was banned in the past. He was not "shut down," whatever you meant by that, he got a warning. Russ, however, was banned for a week, so your "Russ...does not" is inaccurate (in the same thread in which neither Tim, nor you, were banned for direct, no veil, thin or otherwise, personal attacks).

"Loonie Left" is a political term, originally used in UK parliamentary campaigns. In these forums here, it is used as a general political term, not as a personal attack.

Absolutely correct.

Rob

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2018, 02:21:55 pm »

Slobodan is right.
Paolo, you seem to be being deliberately obtuse.
Tim was warned, not banned.
Andrew, if you're suggesting that my political views influence my approach to moderation, or even that you know what those views are, you're wrong.

Anyone who is hurt by not being mentioned above: apologies.

Enough, already.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up