Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Revenge of the Elephant!  (Read 15575 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Revenge of the Elephant!
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 12:18:19 pm »

Trump art:

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 12:31:44 pm »

You call that shit art?

At least it gives Jeff another opportunity to bash the Trumps!

OmerV

• Photographs
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2018, 01:06:18 pm »

Trump art:

That’s innocuous. But I honestly think he should consider his health more.

texshooter

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2018, 04:13:31 pm »

You're fired!
   You're fired! 
         You're fired!   
               You're fired!

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2018, 06:04:20 pm »

Wow, had to look that one up–and I still don't understand :~)
Check the thread on Meaning and Photography (or something like that.)
I read all about it and I still don't understand.

What I do understand is that it doesn't mean anything worth spending time on. A little like anything Trump says in that respect.
Maybe its a variant of Covfefe.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2018, 07:14:39 pm »

What I do understand is that it doesn't mean anything worth spending time on. A little like anything Trump says in that respect.

Do you not see how this is insulting to people who do think it's interesting? It's one thing to say that you don't find
it interesting, and quite another to offer a blanket statement.

I don't see how to interpret this any way other than a thinly, very thinly, veiled "you are dumb"

(cue the "you're just a sensitive little princess" crowd)

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2018, 08:28:31 pm »

Perhaps what I should have said is:
"What I do understand is that it doesn't mean anything worth me spending my time on."

I'm sorry you were offended.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2018, 09:51:41 pm »

At least it gives Jeff another opportunity to bash the Trumps!

Well, that was Vanity Fair trashing Trump...I just pointed it out. Now CNN is in the act:
Jim Carrey has been trolling Trump and the GOP with paintings. Here are the top 11

(CNN)Jim Carrey has found a muse in President Donald Trump.

The comedian has been channeling his artistic side over the last year to by painting a series of political portraits mocking Trump, his administration and a cast of Republican lawmakers.

His latest creation is a colorful portrait of a screaming Trump in a bathrobe eating two scoops of ice cream, which Carrey jokingly pitched to the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery, which houses portraits of all former US presidents.

(Trump told Time magazine last May that he always gets two scoops with his dessert, while everyone else gets one).

Jim Carrey Verified account @JimCarrey

Dear Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery @NPG, I know it’s early but I’d like to submit this as the official portrait of our 45th President, Donald J. Trump. It’s called, 'You Scream. I Scream. Will We Ever Stop Screaming?'

9:27 AM - 29 Mar 2018

Eeeek! Wish I could unsee that...

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 10:58:12 pm »

From most the reactions posted here I don't think anyone here is qualified to know art from their ass except myself and Jeff. Anyone I left out, sorry.

Listen up folks, you're not photographers and you're not artists. And I'm now convinced you wouldn't know the difference between getting rich vs being enriched. It has something to do with the saying..."Where your heart lies so do your riches".

Jim Carrey has figured out a way to flesh out his consciousness about his love for life. They made a movie about Van Gogh doing the same thing called "Lust For Life". If all you numb nuts can think about is what's in front of your eyes then you need to go find another hobby because you certainly aren't an authority on anything creative and unique with regard to expressing yourself.

Rand47

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2018, 06:35:28 pm »

I guess you don't get out to art galleries too much huh?

The 6 Rising Artists You Must Know In 2018 and 9 Artists to Watch in January 2018

So, yeah, that shit is art...(well, Jim's other work...I think the stuff he's doing on Twitter is just to Twit the Trump)

With all due respect.  Is something art because someone tells you it is art?  Lots of cultures have gone off the rails, with their cognoscenti informing the unwashed masses what is “good” and what isn’t.  Not all have ennobled mankind, nor ended well.  I’ve had a sneaking suspicion for a while that we may be in the process of joining in the parade.

Rand
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 06:42:37 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

Rand47

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2018, 06:40:42 pm »

.."Where your heart lies so do your riches".

Uh, um . . .  I think you got that backwards.

Rand

M 6:21

Rand Scott Adams

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2018, 09:03:47 pm »

With all due respect.  Is something art because someone tells you it is art?

With all due respect, that wasn't the point...the point was that there is good art that came AFTER the Impressionists and that contemporary art is often on the bleeding edge that isn't understood (nor appreciated) by many. Such is the case with Jim Carrey it seems on LuLa...

:~)

Baffled by Conceptual Art? Maybe this is for you!

Baffled by Conceptual Art?  So Are Will Ferrell and Joel McHale in This Museum’s Short Film
Eric Hirshberg directs the Hammer's self-deprecating comedy

Museums are often pretty humorless when it comes to their artwork. It’s rare for them to acknowledge that art can be confusing—particularly conceptual art, where the artist’s choices can seem self-indulgent or bafflingly arbitrary.

But the Hammer Museum at UCLA leans into that confusion in an amusing new short film made by some A-list talent in front of, and behind, the camera.

The six-minute spot stars Will Ferrell and Joel McHale as museum goers who are refreshingly honest—and funny—as they tour the Hammer’s new “Stories of Almost Everyone” exhibition. Viewing piece after piece—guided by Hammer curator Aram Moshayedi—the pair are openly bewildered, sometimes verging on disparaging, by the everyday objects that make up the show.

Rand47

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2018, 09:44:13 pm »

With all due respect, that wasn't the point...the point was that there is good art that came AFTER the Impressionists and that contemporary art is often on the bleeding edge that isn't understood (nor appreciated) by many. Such is the case with Jim Carrey it seems on LuLa...

:~)

Baffled by Conceptual Art? Maybe this is for you!

Baffled by Conceptual Art?  So Are Will Ferrell and Joel McHale in This Museum’s Short Film
Eric Hirshberg directs the Hammer's self-deprecating comedy

Jeff,

Thanks for the response.  I don’t disagree re your comment about art post the impressionists.  And I’m hardly baffled by conceptual art - but neither am I bamboozled by buffoonery, nor impressed by what some see as resplendence that is in reality the mere absence of clothing with ones buns (and other bits) flapping in the breeze.  :-)

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2018, 04:03:24 am »

From most the reactions posted here I don't think anyone here is qualified to know art from their ass except myself and Jeff. Anyone I left out, sorry.

Listen up folks, you're not photographers and you're not artists. And I'm now convinced you wouldn't know the difference between getting rich vs being enriched. It has something to do with the saying..."Where your heart lies so do your riches".

Jim Carrey has figured out a way to flesh out his consciousness about his love for life. They made a movie about Van Gogh doing the same thing called "Lust For Life". If all you numb nuts can think about is what's in front of your eyes then you need to go find another hobby because you certainly aren't an authority on anything creative and unique with regard to expressing yourself.

Tim, an ad hominem attack diffusely directed at all members of the forum remains an ad hominem attack. If you are attempting irony, you are making a hamfisted job of it. Do it again and you will be banned. You have come perilously close with this offensiveness.

Jeremy

Manoli

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2018, 04:20:15 am »

Being in a gallery neither makes it art nor stops it being shit.

Both true and objective

If it wasn't the talentless rubbish of someone famous and it didn't tap into anti-Trump sentiment, nobody would pay it a moment's attention.

Not so true and most definitely subjective.
One could make the same case about Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein and a host of others.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2018, 10:10:57 am »

You call that shit art?

I thought you were the person offended by strong language?

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2018, 12:54:42 pm »

I thought you were the person offended by strong language?

The days when "shit" could be described as "strong language" are, I think, long behind us.

Jeremy

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2018, 03:34:42 pm »

Is Carrey's work any better or worse than Roy Lichtenstein's?  Also note that this is only a portion of Carrey's oeuvre and he has painted some interesting things that are not Trump related.

Rob C

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2018, 03:36:00 pm »

Goodness me, Lust for Life! I read that back in the 50s, I think it was.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2018, 10:08:24 am »

Tim, an ad hominem attack diffusely directed at all members of the forum remains an ad hominem attack. If you are attempting irony, you are making a hamfisted job of it. Do it again and you will be banned. You have come perilously close with this offensiveness.

Jeremy

I feel in no way offended or attacked by Tim's comment. Was that because he used the word "ass"? You condone the use of "shit", which comes from the "ass", so why is one more offensive than the other?

Being from Portugal, I think people here spend too much time discussing Mr. Trump.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up