Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: New H3D full frame!!!  (Read 115467 times)

BJNY

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2007, 10:34:56 am »

I have posted since the RG days my preference for a 48mmx48mm size sensor.  If one were to consider the 33MP Dalsa sensor as three 11MP slices at 12x48 each totalling 36x48, I believe that means my proposed 48x48 would be 44MP, preserving ISO performance and not placing extra demands on existing lenses.

But Billy, which would you rather?

a. 39Mp spread over a square chip, when you then spend your life cropping out precious pixels you have no use for?

or

b. The same 39Mp spread over a rectangular chip?

To me option b. is a no-brainer.

For that reason, a Hassie with a 6x4.5 back, giving all those extra frames of film, was always the smarter option, IMHO. One of the reasons I went for Mamiya all those years ago.

But, in today's digital world, making the best use of the available pixels is the way to go, I believe.

D.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113251\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Guillermo

Dinarius

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2007, 10:35:47 am »

Billy,

Ahah!

My misunderstanding.

Yes, 44Mp would be bundles of pixels, square or otherwise.

D.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:38:03 am by Dinarius »

Graham Mitchell

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2007, 10:40:03 am »

I think you are wrong.

Thanks for the correction. The other issues remain though - lack of wide angle and size. Obviously this isn't a problem for everyone!

I used to use an RZ67 with film and liked the quality back then.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:43:48 am by foto-z »

rgmoore

• http://
New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2007, 11:03:16 am »

A question for those of you using the Mamiya RZ67 ProII D.  Do digital backs - Phase One to
be more specific - revolve on the RZ in the same way as film backs (that is without being taken
off, rotated in hand and reattached)? If so, is this the case only with WLF or prism finder as well?

I've been receiving conflicting information from dealers.

Thank you in advance.

Richard

RSPhoto

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2007, 11:10:00 am »

A question for those of you using the Mamiya RZ67 ProII D.  Do digital backs - Phase One to
be more specific - revolve on the RZ in the same way as film backs (that is without being taken
off, rotated in hand and reattached)? If so, is this the case only with WLF or prism finder as well?

Thank you in advance.

Richard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113272\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It doesn't matter which back you use. It is the adapter plate that rotates in place, just like the film back. No need to detach anything.

RS

Dinarius

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #265 on: April 19, 2007, 11:22:49 am »

Just curious.........

If a 50mm lens would be the widest I could use, what would that equate to in 35mm terms when used with, say, the Hassie 39Mp back?

A 35mm lens? A 28mm lens?

Thanks.

D.

BJNY

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #266 on: April 19, 2007, 11:29:05 am »

Richard,
Be careful which adapter plate you purchase.  You're safer getting the Phase plate if you use Phase.  I wasn't able to attach a friend's V-mount P30 onto the RZ using the Mamiya plate that I normally use with Leaf Valeo/Aptus.  The shape of the back's perimeter is different enough to prevent attachment.
Billy
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 11:31:11 am by BJNY »
Guillermo

Graham Mitchell

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #267 on: April 19, 2007, 11:35:55 am »

Just curious.........

If a 50mm lens would be the widest I could use, what would that equate to in 35mm terms when used with, say, the Hassie 39Mp back?

The ratio is different so it's not a direct comparison.

In terms of width (landscape), it's equivalent to 37.5mm in 135 terms.

RSPhoto

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #268 on: April 19, 2007, 11:50:42 am »

Richard,
Be careful which adapter plate you purchase.  You're safer getting the Phase plate if you use Phase.  I wasn't able to attach a friend's V-mount P30 onto the RZ using the Mamiya plate that I normally use with Leaf Valeo/Aptus.  The shape of the back's perimeter is different enough to prevent attachment.
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113277\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Billy

The Mamiya adapter is AFD mount only. You cannot attach a V mount back to it. If you want to use the communication features with the Pro IID the only option is the AFD mount.

RS

godtfred

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2007, 12:06:59 pm »

Billy

The Mamiya adapter is AFD mount only. You cannot attach a V mount back to it. If you want to use the communication features with the Pro IID the only option is the AFD mount.

RS
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113282\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
How about the RZ specific adapter plate hasselblad sells with their CF and CF-MS backs, does this not communicate with the body (there is a small cable depicted on it, and its not flash sync... so one would assume it does communicate?)

-axel
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

BJNY

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #270 on: April 19, 2007, 12:22:39 pm »

Billy

RS
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113282\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Universal V-mount to RZ adapter plate 903-596
I've been using one for several years dating back to the Leaf Valeo 11MP
Guillermo

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #271 on: April 19, 2007, 01:12:40 pm »

A question for those of you using the Mamiya RZ67 ProII D.  Do digital backs - Phase One to

Thank you in advance.

Richard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113272\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i use my P30 on mamiya 645afdII and the RZDII, with the phase adapter...no cables, the back rotates just like a film back, no taking off...works perfectly....

Dinarius

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2007, 04:16:00 am »

Looking at the Hasselblad website, I see no mention in this data sheet>

http://www.hasselblad.com/media/890fe86e-d...cbb12-CF_UK.pdf

...of the CF22/39-MS backs in relation to the H3D camera, only in relation to the H2 camera.

Similarly, in the H3D data sheet, no mention is made of MS capability.

Similarly, this dealer, for example, is selling MS capability only with the H2 system>

http://www.pictureline.com/category.php?mid=32&cid=39

Is it the case that no multi-shot capability is possible with the new H3 system?

If I want to invest in Hassie MS capability, am I therefore ruling out access to all future lens development (including the new 28mm)?

If so, then this really is total BS and I will be seriously considering alternatives. For the sake of an extra few grand, multi-shot capability is a no-brainer for someone in my line of work, but if I'm restricted to the H2 system as is, then..................!?

Please tell me I'm wrong.

D.

ps......have a look at this page.........

http://www.hasselblad.com/downloads/datasheets/h-system.aspx

Note the number of items with 'Discontinued' after them. Scary, or what?!

pps.....Why, oh why, can't Sinar put a screen on the Evolution 75H?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 07:02:27 am by Dinarius »

godtfred

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2007, 09:51:48 am »

Please tell me I'm wrong.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114827\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I am sorry to inform you that you are perfecly right.

-axel
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

Dinarius

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2007, 01:04:09 pm »

I am sorry to inform you that you are perfecly right.

-axel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114856\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Then is it any wonder that other contributors to this thread have reported disquiet and uncertainty on the part of some Hasselblad agents?

You really have to wonder about the wisdom of this move, strategically speaking. It is no surprise that, in an attempt to get people on board, they have been offering a free lens and hard case with the H3D basic kit.

On balance, the H2 + CF39-MS is still very tempting. But, shutting me out of future developments before I even enter the frame is moronic, to put it mildly.

On the other hand, the H3D could become the next 2000FC.

The latter is the more likely scenario, in my view. I just don't think that people will buy into this crap. This is the age of the internet and it's impossible to pull the wool over people's eyes.

D.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:06:43 pm by Dinarius »

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #275 on: April 29, 2007, 05:54:46 pm »

Then is it any wonder that other contributors to this thread have reported disquiet and uncertainty on the part of some Hasselblad agents?

You really have to wonder about the wisdom of this move, strategically speaking. It is no surprise that, in an attempt to get people on board, they have been offering a free lens and hard case with the H3D basic kit.

On balance, the H2 + CF39-MS is still very tempting. But, shutting me out of future developments before I even enter the frame is moronic, to put it mildly.

On the other hand, the H3D could become the next 2000FC.

The latter is the more likely scenario, in my view. I just don't think that people will buy into this crap. This is the age of the internet and it's impossible to pull the wool over people's eyes.

D.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114884\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dinarius:

You are potentially correct that lens additions may be at a dead-end for H1/H2 cameras.

However, if your application would benefit the most from multi-shot technology (as it seems to be from your post), why can't you purchase a CF-MS unit? You do not have to use it on an H2, it will go on almost any camera you want, which is the same case with the Sinar 75H. The only potential limitation is if you want it on the H2 platform, meaning that it appears future lens development may be HXD only, although this remains to be seen. It works perfectly fine on Mamiya, Contax, etc.

I suppose it's possible that future development of the H3D (H4D, etc) may include multi-shot technology, but it's also possible that the design plans for HxD don't easily accomodate that technology. In that case, Hasselblad will likley leave the multi-shot technology to CF-MS units, which, like the single shot CF backs, allow for complete flexibility for photographers to choose their system of choice, even allowing for use on multiple camera systems.

I don't understand your mention of the page with regards to "discontinueds". The only discontinued items are H1D and H2D, which have been discontinued by the emergence of the H3D.

Regarding the free lens and case, and the notion that Hasselblad has to do that to "get people on board" - I can tell you that all digital back manufacturers typically offer some type of "sweetener". And that H3D sales have boomed (at least for us) ever since the announcement of the product. We have many new customers only too happy to take advantage of what the technology offers.

For those who prefer not to use the H2 system (and it's potential limitations), we have successfully provided CF digital backs and CF-MS digital backs for their camera of choice.

Steve Hendrix
Profesional Photo Resources
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #276 on: April 30, 2007, 01:38:16 am »

For those who prefer not to use the H2 system (and it's potential limitations), we have successfully provided CF digital backs and CF-MS digital backs for their camera of choice.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114915\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

..apart from an H camera that uses all of the H series lenses (the H3)

Blad are morons if even (and I am not sure about this) thier own current gear, the MS back, is locked out of the 3 series and the wide lense and any future ones

(45 rise/fall is what I want)

And who knows when the H2 will be discontinued

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Dinarius

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2007, 03:11:32 am »

Quote from: pprdigital,Apr 29 2007, 09:54 PM
However, if your application would benefit the most from multi-shot technology (as it seems to be from your post), why can't you purchase a CF-MS unit? You do not have to use it on an H2, it will go on almost any camera you want, which is the same case with the Sinar 75H.
Steve Hendrix
Profesional Photo Resources
[/quote

Steve,

I have been using Mamiya RBs for nearly 25 years. Much and all as I love them, the glass isn't up to the mark in the digital world. Secondly, in order to avail of the multi-shot mode, I would have to switch to the RZ. While I could then use my RB lenses with the RZ body, this still wouldn't address the issue of inferior glass.

Therefore, even though replacing my 8 RB lenses with another manufacturer's equivalent is going to cost me a lot, I'm pretty much obliged to jump ship and switch. That's why I'm considering the H2 system.

Another possibility is to convert my Sinar P to a P3 and use the Hassie back with just that in MS mode. But, the H2 'kit' packages offered are probably a cheaper way in, albeit without any movements.

Thanks.

D.

ixpressraf

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2007, 06:11:22 am »

i am using contax 645 aswel as hassie H2 and must say that besides some beuatiful zeiss jena lenses and the hartblei super rotater lenses on the contax there is for myself nothing not to use the H2 hassie platform. The H2 is a robust, megasharp, completely adapted for digital camera. Once you found your way with the hassie, all other camer'a are like from an other millenium      
I can understand that some people who not actually have the monney to buy the system always are looking for reasens to feel good not having H1/2/3 but this usually ends when they are in the system.
About the H3 MS limitation. So far it is only the 28mm ( and thats not the most used lens for MS) that limites the H2 user. However, MS is mostly used in studio and there we use technical camera such as the linhof or the P2/P3.
Just try the H wit MS and you will see.....

Dinarius

New H3D full frame!!!
« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2007, 06:47:46 am »

Ixpressraf,

Many thanks. ;-)

Two questions.......Can you shoot multi-shot with the Contax?

Do you consider the current Hassie lenses to be as good as the Contax/Carl Zeiss lenses?

D.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 07:12:17 am by Dinarius »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up