Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Careful out there  (Read 9255 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Careful out there
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2018, 03:32:37 pm »

... have there been many unarmed white guys who were randomly stopped for no reason while not committing a crime who were shot? I never hear of any, but that could be because they have not been publicized.

Exactly. Otherwise, more white people are killed by cops than black people. Except it is not (national) news.

Farmer

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2018, 01:58:42 am »

Hi Phil, I guess that since you're Australian you don't know about Chicago, which has extremely tight gun control.

I know about Chicago, but it's a terrible example.  There are no border controls around Chicago.  Therefore, they have no one of enforcing the laws because surrounding it are very easy ways for people to obtain weapons and then simply take them into Chicago.  Any localised prohibition on anything without border controls is going to struggle to be as effective.
Phil Brown

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2018, 04:56:07 am »

Exactly. Otherwise, more white people are killed by cops than black people. Except it is not (national) news.

Are they? By percentage of the population? And why isn't it (national) news?

Maybe you could be so kind as to provide some reliable source for that statement?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2018, 07:32:43 am »

It would be interesting to see the stats on this, too bad it's not easy to obtain data on police shootings (is my understanding anyway). A breakdown would be good to know. How many are shot during arrests, while resisting arrest, while minding their own business, during random stops, etc. 

If the African-American population makes up about 13% of the US population (my understanding), and even if they actually commit more crime per capita than whites, that still leaves a lot of crimes being committed by whites. So you would think that there would be loads of shootings of unarmed white guys who are not committing crimes, because of random stops or otherwise. But you seem to be saying that we don't hear about those because they are not publicized. You have to forgive me, but I find it hard to believe that people would keep quiet about that.
--
Robert

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2018, 10:21:49 am »

Are they? By percentage of the population?...

Why the "percentage of the population"? Cops do not go out to shoot the "population," they shoot the crime-involved population.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2018, 10:22:41 am »

... even if they actually commit more crime per capita than whites...

Exactly.

Farmer

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2018, 09:10:46 pm »

Exactly.

Glad you have changed your mind and agree with us all, Slobo.

Oh, that's not what you meant?  Gee, imagine quoting someone out of context...
Phil Brown
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up