Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPF6100 Error "Cannot Adjust Printhead"  (Read 1853 times)

hakizu

Canon iPF6100 Error "Cannot Adjust Printhead"
« on: March 24, 2018, 05:11:10 pm »

Canon imagePrograf iPF6100 Cannot Adjust Printhead and bad Nozzle check yellow pattern even after new printhead was installed!

Hi I would like to ask here if somebody would know how to sort out my issue or having idea what could cause it. I have Canon iPF6100 printer and when I do nozzle check pattern the yellow pattern isn't printed as good as the other colours especially the first yellow pattern rectangle is faded with gaps. Cleaning printhead A or B did not improve the situation and also getting error message when doing Cleaning Printhead B 3800500-2F2F. After turning the printer off and back on it clears the error.

I just replaced the left printhead with new one and it is the same as with the old one, the patern of yellow isn't right. Here is the image of A4 sheet the nozzle check pattern was printed on even couple of times and it was always the same

Photo-nozzle check pattern

When I try to adjust the printhead head I always get the error message "Cannot adjust printhead" press online to clear the error and readjust the printhed. Even when I choose standard or advanced printhead adjustment. And I see the yellow patern for adjusting is not corectly printed so the sensor can not read it! Photo below:

Photo-head adjustment pattern

When I do nozzle1 check pattern in Service Mode where the pattern is printed without bypassing Canon's nozzle clogged system I can see the yellow pattern is missing every second channel on upper pattern rectangle.

Photo-Service Mode Nozzle Check Pattern

Any idea where could be the problem, electronic or contacts, cable or something similar? Looks like there is something wrong with comunication to those nozzles rather than faulty head especially because there is no improvement after new head was installed.
Thanks for any help and response.
Regards, Jaro
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 05:16:47 pm by hakizu »

Landscapes

Re: Canon iPF6100 Error "Cannot Adjust Printhead"
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 09:10:04 pm »

Any idea where could be the problem, electronic or contacts, cable or something similar? Looks like there is something wrong with comunication to those nozzles rather than faulty head especially because there is no improvement after new head was installed.
Thanks for any help and response.
Regards, Jaro
Completely agree about it more than likely not being the printhead.  I had a similar pattern with a 6400.  Here is my pattern.

What it ended up being was the main board.  The way this was figured out was because first the carriage was replaced, and that didn't fix it, and so the other other thing to replace was the main board.  Of course after each one, new heads needed to be installed.  Thank god it was under warranty or else it would have been more to fix it than the value of the printer.  In your case, since a new head didn't fix the problem, if it really is the carriage or main board, you will have to also now get new heads anyways cause the bad part, as we explained to me, will fry the other components down the chain.  Since you have a 6100, I would say cut your losses and move on.  You cannot go throwing parts at this, at your expense, and hope it fixes the problem.  A new main board, new carriage, and new heads, plus labour, will be thousands and thousands of dollars.  Simply not worth it for an old printer.

Edit:  Perhaps you can try to make sure the contacts are good, and that the cable didn't come loose, but unless this really is the issue, I would say its dead.

hakizu

Re: Canon iPF6100 Error "Cannot Adjust Printhead"
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 01:28:42 pm »

thanks very much for your reply Landscapes.. I much appreciate it.. Pity I was affraid of this, to be honest the prints are still great when printing highest quality with ticked "high precision printing" but so slow and it can get only worse when printhead will have no spare nozzles to use.. I have to try something with it because I like this printer, it's old but still running fine. I may find some cheaper board on the net and clould change it myself. No mentioning of the need of changing heads in service manual when changing main board so hopefuly it is not needed.
Thanks a milion for help I know now it could be flex cable, carriage or main board. will check the flex cable if looks ok.
Pages: [1]   Go Up