Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon ipf6300 - Change Inks During Printhead Replacement?  (Read 510 times)

John Hollenberg

Canon ipf6300 - Change Inks During Printhead Replacement?
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:57:43 am »

Is there a problem if an ink tank runs dry during printhead replacement on Canon ipf6300 (assuming one has a new ink tank to install)?  I am wondering whether an interruption to install a new ink tank would cause the routine to abort and then restart (wasting yet more ink) or if the printer can handle this gracefully.

tsjanik

Re: Canon ipf6300 - Change Inks During Printhead Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 10:14:09 am »

I just went through this with a 6400.  It called for print head replacement and after the install immediately asked for a waste tank replacement.  Since I didn't have one, it was 4 days before I continued the process.  After installing the tank, the printer asked for 3 new ink cartridges, which I assume had been emptied filling the head.  After installing the ink, the printer functions normally and fortunately is not asking for anything else so far.  I had no indication that the process aborted and started over, so likely you're OK.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:11:48 pm by tsjanik »

patjoja

Re: Canon ipf6300 - Change Inks During Printhead Replacement?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:42:51 pm »

I just went through this with a 6400.  It called for print head replacement and after the install immediately asked for a waste tank replacement.  Since I didn't have one, it was 4 days before I continued the process.  After installing the tank, the printer asked for 3 new ink cartridges, which I assume had been emptied filling the head.  After installing the ink, the printer functions normally and fortunately is not asking for anything else so far.  I had no indication that the process aborted and started over, so likely you're OK.

That was kind of my experience too.  I went to replace the print head and the system wanted a new maintenance cartridge (also a 3 day wait).  And then I had to replace one of the ink carts.  There didn't seem to be any issues with doing this.  The printer is still going to go through it's print fill routine.  I don't really think it's using that much ink to worry about.

Patrick
Pages: [1]   Go Up