Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Equipment donations  (Read 717 times)

MikeRoss

Equipment donations
« on: March 19, 2018, 01:56:01 pm »

Just wondering if anyone knows a group which would value and use older digital equipment in good condition - I have a bunch of Nikon stuff which is due to exit my collection soon?

Rob C

Re: Equipment donations
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 03:34:24 pm »

Just wondering if anyone knows a group which would value and use older digital equipment in good condition - I have a bunch of Nikon stuff which is due to exit my collection soon?

I found a depository for my entire darkroom courtesy a chap in the bank who was connected with a cultural arm of local education. He arranged for it to be donated to one of the local schools. As this happened just before the onset of digital, perhaps it quickly became redundant.

If you are not looking for money, as I was not either, educationall institutions can use older products because in many instances they are concerned with teaching basics, and much older gear serves perfectly well.

Good luck!

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 02:47:52 pm »

You could donate it to an artist who could make something new out of it.

https://petapixel.com/2018/03/20/this-robot-is-made-of-canon-dslr-gear/

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 08:18:56 am »

Look to see if there is a high school in your area that might make good use of your equipment.  There are also might be a public photography center that can use it (we have one here in my area and I donated my Nikon Coolscan to it last summer).  If you are in the USA, don't forget to record the estimated value of the equipment and get a letter from the organization as it will qualify for a tax deduction on next year's tax filing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up