Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P9800 stopped printing, any ideas anybody?  (Read 618 times)

TimoK

Epson P9800 stopped printing, any ideas anybody?
« on: March 13, 2018, 01:38:30 pm »

My old workhorse, Epson P9800 totally died. I was printing a big canvas, 100x160cm, when I mentioned colors were off. I canceled printing, run the nozzle check, looked bad. I made power cleaning and after it the nozzle check again. Result was even worse, only some squares in color, no black squares.
I tried to print a small photo from Photoshop, 20x30cm. The printing head was moving as usual. Printing took the same time as usual but no picture! I got only white paper.
No alarms in pc, nor in the printer.
Help :'(

Farmer

Re: Epson P9800 stopped printing, any ideas anybody?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 02:15:50 pm »

Can it run a nozzle check pattern now?
Phil Brown

TimoK

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 02:26:09 pm »

It runs the nozzle check but almost no ink comes onto paper. Some coloured squares (or are they rectangulars?), lets say dozen points in every three colors, no black points and no info text (in black)

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 02:29:17 pm »

Sounds like the blacks may be clogged pretty well and until that is unclogged, it won't provide any ink to the media.
Otherwise, could be the head is going or possibly the cable (if it's old) is going bad and isn't able to properly transfer the data to the printer which can cause the printer to read something, but not apply ink to media accordingly.

Double check the nozzles and do a few more cleanings (nothing power wise yet) and reprint the nozzle check to verify how it's working.  If the nozzle check works fine and no ink applied, check the cable as it may be needing replacement.

TimoK

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 02:48:01 pm »

Is it possible blacks (3 blacks?) can be clogged when printing? I made one print same size 100x160cm with no problems, in the second colors went odd and I caneled printing.

Farmer

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 07:44:47 pm »

Sounds like an ink supply issue, possibly the dampers but could also be if the inks themselves are old you may need to shake them a little and try to flush through.
Phil Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up