Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: "The Psychology of Progressive Hostility"  (Read 53005 times)

Rob C

Re: "The Psychology of Progressive Hostility"
« Reply #260 on: March 21, 2018, 06:21:21 pm »

Medical science has known for a few years now that the cholesterol you eat has essentially nothing to do with the cholesterol in your blood. Yet the anti good food gang keeps promulgating this myth.

That makes interesting reading; I have a couple of appointments with the cardio lined up, the first one happens at 09.15hrs on the 26th, which happens to be the morning we lose an hour when the clocks get changed... That does not thrill me, especially as parking is always difficult in the mornings at the hospital; however, I must make a note to take up this matter about diets, as mine was advised about fifteen years ago.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Rob

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2018, 11:42:42 pm »

Medical science has known for a few years now that the cholesterol you eat has essentially nothing to do with the cholesterol in your blood. Yet the anti good food gang keeps promulgating this myth.

There is certainly a lot of contradictory information published about causes and consequences of dietary cholesterol.
Here is a quote from Dr. Michael Greger:

egg yolks alone were associated with artery-clogging plaque buildup nearly two thirds as bad as smoking.
Yes, eggs are by far the number one source of cholesterol in the American diet, but some letters to the editor protested that dietary cholesterol may have very little impact on blood cholesterol levels, citing a study published in 1971 performed on eight people. But if one looks at dozens of studies together, covering hundreds of study subjects, we find that blood cholesterol concentration is “clearly increased by added dietary cholesterol.” In my video, Debunking Egg Industry Myths,
there is an extreme example just to illustrate: a year in the life of a study subject taken on and off eggs.
First, the researchers take him off eggs, putting him on a cholesterol-free diet, and his blood cholesterol plummets within just three weeks. Then they give him lots of eggs, and his cholesterol shoots back up, stays high until they take the eggs away and put him back on the cholesterol free diet, and so on and so forth. The researchers were essentially turning his high blood cholesterol on and off like a light switch (made out of eggs).

https://nutritionfacts.org/2015/08/18/dietary-cholesterol-affects-blood-cholesterol-levels/

texshooter

« Reply #262 on: March 22, 2018, 01:05:19 am »

Horse feathers!

The conclusion according to even that alarmist study:

"Our findings suggest that regular consumption of egg yolk should be avoided by persons at risk of cardiovascular disease ."

In other words, if your blood cholesterol is normal, your liver is processing dietary cholesterol normally, so you can eat all the eggs you want, says me. Eating eggs worse than smoking cigarettes?  Give me a break.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:11:12 am by texshooter »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #263 on: March 22, 2018, 02:04:27 am »

so you can eat all the eggs you want, says me. Eating eggs worse than smoking cigarettes?  Give me a break.

I like your pictures, which are usually well done and to the point, unlike your emotional reactions which don't carry the same weight and logic as the aforementioned studies.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2018, 02:24:28 am »

This study, that study... science is, as usual, rubiish. Eat and drink whatever you like, it is speaking English that kills you:

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #265 on: March 22, 2018, 02:47:22 am »

Eat and drink whatever you like, it is speaking English that kills you:

Must be, indeed, related to English, specifically to American English.
Mortality among Japanese living in USA and Hawaii is substantially higher than in Japan.

texshooter

« Reply #266 on: March 22, 2018, 03:47:14 am »

But it was fried in EVOO, so it must be good for you.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 04:07:43 am by texshooter »

Rob C

« Reply #267 on: March 22, 2018, 05:47:44 am »

But it was fried in EVOO, so it must be good for you.

That's enough to make me want to throw up just by looking, even at selected slices of it.

How can people buy that crap? I'd rather just stay at home and make myself some spaghetti; at least the tomatoes are usually quite good.

:-(

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #268 on: March 22, 2018, 06:30:46 am »

That's enough to make me want to throw up just by looking, even at selected slices of it.
But it takes a talent and artistic ability to make such a creation.  ;)

More about the smokers and cholesterolers:

Helmut Schmidt, the ex-chancellor of Germany was a heavy chain-smoker who smoked whenever and wherever he felt like it, even in non-smoking compartments of railway carriages. He lived to the ripe age of 96 in perfect health and in full posession of his faculties.

He was so clever, and so rude with it, that his listeners sometimes realised too late that they had been outwitted and insulted. Helmut Schmidt did not just find fools tiresome. He obliterated them. The facts were clear and the logic impeccable. So disagreement was a sign of idiocy. He detested the weakness of Jimmy Carter’s administration, and the two men got on badly. His foreign minister, Hans-Dietrich Genscher, recalled that “Schmidt was of the opinion that the world would be fairer if he was president of the United States and Carter the German chancellor.”

On the other hand, his successor, Helmut Kohl who liked pig meat and rich cakes, suffered his last years in ill health and died at 87.
The other often quoted example was clinically obese Dr. Atkins with a history of heart problems. He died at 72 from a massive stroke.
So, a statement that the animal fat is worse than cigarette smoke, it's not that farfetched.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #269 on: March 22, 2018, 08:59:38 am »

But it takes a talent and artistic ability to make such a creation.  ;)

More about the smokers and cholesterolers:

Helmut Schmidt, the ex-chancellor of Germany was a heavy chain-smoker who smoked whenever and wherever he felt like it, even in non-smoking compartments of railway carriages. He lived to the ripe age of 96 in perfect health and in full posession of his faculties.

On the other hand, his successor, Helmut Kohl who liked pig meat and rich cakes, suffered his last years in ill health and died at 87.
The other often quoted example was clinically obese Dr. Atkins with a history of heart problems. He died at 72 from a massive stroke.
So, a statement that the animal fat is worse than cigarette smoke, it's not that farfetched.

Yes, but then again, Churchill smoked 8 cigars (usually double coronas or corona gigantes, pretty big cigars) and drank at least one bottle of wine plus a few cocktails every day, was fairly overweight, and lived into his 90s.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #270 on: March 22, 2018, 09:03:42 am »

Yes, but then again, Churchill smoked 8 cigars (usually double coronas or corona gigantes, pretty big cigars) and drank at least one bottle of wine plus a few cocktails every day, was fairly overweight, and lived into his 90s.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one. 

AND he spoke English! 😀

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #271 on: March 22, 2018, 09:35:04 am »

To stay in good health:

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #272 on: March 22, 2018, 09:49:04 am »

Churchill died at 90. Same age as Fidel Castro. Fidel started to smoke cigars at 14, but stopped the habit at 59, and followed mostly vegetarian diet. Perhaps more importantly, according to New York Post, he slept with 35,000 women in his life, adhering to a standard schedule - sleeping with at least two women a day for more than four decades, one for lunch and one for supper. Sometimes he even ordered one for breakfast. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #273 on: March 22, 2018, 09:57:53 am »

..l Fidel started to smoke cigars at 14, but stopped the habit at 59, and followed mostly vegetarian diet. Perhaps more importantly, according to New York Post, he slept with 35,000 women in his life, adhering to a standard schedule - sleeping with at least two women a day for more than four decades, one for lunch and one for supper. Sometimes he even ordered one for breakfast. 

Now, that rumor must be an example of “conservative hostility,” to bring the subject back to the OP  :D

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #274 on: March 22, 2018, 10:13:38 am »

Are you saying that that's a conservative number?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #275 on: March 22, 2018, 10:24:53 am »

Are you saying that that's a conservative number?

😀

DP

« Reply #276 on: March 22, 2018, 01:31:48 pm »

according to New York Post
NYP just like Washington Times are the masterpieces

DP

« Reply #277 on: March 22, 2018, 01:33:56 pm »

Now, that rumor

at Tito hit ~88 (?) only... I bet because local local tobacco was not on par with the Cuban one !

DP

« Reply #278 on: March 22, 2018, 01:35:03 pm »

AND he spoke English!
the proper one, colour, etc ... that makes all the difference.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #279 on: March 22, 2018, 01:58:12 pm »

at Tito hit ~88 (?) only... I bet because local local tobacco was not on par with the Cuban one !

I don't think that was the issue ;)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up