Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Load Epson Front Feeder  (Read 502 times)

Jasper

How to Load Epson Front Feeder
« on: March 10, 2018, 03:07:13 pm »

I'm trying to use the Front Feeder to print on 320 gsm paper on a P600.

I can load the paper using the front feeder and the printer tells me it's ready.  However, when I print (from Photoshop), the driver tells me I have the wrong paper loaded and I need to use the back feeder.  Note that I have selected the correct paper type/size on the front panel of the printer and I have selected the same paper size/type from Photoshop. 

The only way I can get it to print is to remove the front-feeder loaded paper and load it in the rear feeder (with all paper settings the same)!  I want to load it via the front feeder to try and prevent curl.

Any idea how I override this behavior and print using the front feeder?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: How to Load Epson Front Feeder
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 03:12:09 pm »

If this works the same way as the P800, forget about what the LCD on the printer says. The driver settings rule. If you want to use the Front Fine Art feed, you need to specify that in the driver (Paper feed setting) provided the Media Type you have selected allows that feed as an option. Then you should be able to use it successfully.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Jasper

Re: How to Load Epson Front Feeder
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 03:25:12 pm »

Thanks Mark.  I had been using "Sheet" as the Source in the driver (and I must admit I didn't look at further options for that setting as I was using a sheet)!  However, I now see there is a "Front - Fine Art" setting, so I'll try that instead the next time I print!

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up