Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I1Profiler okay for printing targets?  (Read 620 times)

rasworth

I1Profiler okay for printing targets?
« on: March 10, 2018, 10:37:06 am »

I'm about to profile a new paper - been using ACPU but dislike the shrinkage and clunky workflow.  I re-installed I1Profiler, it now is able to print.  Is it suitable for printing targets, running from a Windows 10 system?

Richard Southworth

Added by edit - on an Epson 3880.

Doug Gray

Re: I1Profiler okay for printing targets?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 11:47:31 am »

I'm about to profile a new paper - been using ACPU but dislike the shrinkage and clunky workflow.  I re-installed I1Profiler, it now is able to print.  Is it suitable for printing targets, running from a Windows 10 system?

Richard Southworth

Added by edit - on an Epson 3880.

Yes. I1Profiler works fine on any Windows. There was a bug in the last version where clicking the print button resulted in nothing at all. It didn't occur for everyone but was resolved by uninstalling then re-installing. But if it prints, and you disable the color management in the driver options when the dialog box comes up (same as using ACPU), you're good to go.

rasworth

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 11:54:47 am »

Thanks for the reply, knew it had been used in the past, just making sure nobody had run into problems lately.

Richard Southworth

datro

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 12:40:33 pm »

Just a heads up FYI:

Earlier this week X-Rite support sent me a beta version of the next release of i1Profiler for Windows to verify that the Print button problem has been fully fixed.  It appears the problem is now fully addressed.  As Doug says, you are good to go with the current version as long as the print button works for you.  If your print button doesn't work, I believe re-installing 1.7.1 should resolve it (it did for me).

Dave

Doug Gray

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 01:00:12 pm »

Just a heads up FYI:

Earlier this week X-Rite support sent me a beta version of the next release of i1Profiler for Windows to verify that the Print button problem has been fully fixed.  It appears the problem is now fully addressed.  As Doug says, you are good to go with the current version as long as the print button works for you.  If your print button doesn't work, I believe re-installing 1.7.1 should resolve it (it did for me).

Dave

Quick note Dave: When I had the problem I first tried downloading and re-installing w/o uninstalling and that didn't fix it. At that point I left it alone and just used the null-transform trick (works on Windows but not on iOS)  described elsewhere since it didn't shrink the image like ACPU. Someone noted that uninstalling then re-installing worked so I tried that and it did fix the bug. Others have reported uninstalling first has worked for them too.

datro

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 01:52:17 pm »

Quick note Dave: When I had the problem I first tried downloading and re-installing w/o uninstalling and that didn't fix it. At that point I left it alone and just used the null-transform trick (works on Windows but not on iOS)  described elsewhere since it didn't shrink the image like ACPU. Someone noted that uninstalling then re-installing worked so I tried that and it did fix the bug. Others have reported uninstalling first has worked for them too.

Doug, thanks for the clarification.  Yes, an uninstall followed by a re-install fixed it for me.  Sorry for the confusion.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up