Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony a7III Review Just Published  (Read 6070 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Sony a7III Review Just Published
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 04:32:35 pm »

remind me, if I am not on a budget... why'd I really buy A7RIII and not A9 ?

As far as I am concerned I feel that my D850 and lenses are superior to anything Sony currently offers except in terms of compactness.

This is why the a7III is appealing. It’s the cheapest way to get the compactness without sacrifying too much in terms of performance compared to my Nikon current set up.

I would pair it with the best compact lens there is and that is the Batis line. I still want the images I shoot with it to be of high quality.

When/if I am convinced at some point of time that Sony is ahead in absolute performance, then I'll sell my Nikon equipment and invest into the best Sony will have to offer at that time. With the current trends, that should happen in a year from now unless Nikon moves their ass big time. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 06:14:35 pm by BernardLanguillier »

Telecaster

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 06:11:44 pm »

remind me, if I am not on a budget... why'd I really buy A7RIII and not A9 ?

How can I remind you of something you haven't twigged in the first place? (I presume you mean A7iii above rather than A7riii.) Not having a budget in mind doesn't automatically mean opting for the most expensive option, particularly when the added expense is devoted to stuff you don't need. Nothing mysterious about it.

-Dave-

drmytan@gmail.com

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 10:41:08 am »

Hi

I own both A9 and A7R3. The only disappointing thing about these two cameras are cooler banding. I encounter magenta color bands in almost all my landscape images.

How to stop this?

Thank you

Marc

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 01:10:27 pm »

Are you processing a raw file? What ISO and what shutter?  Type of lighting I presume is outdoor.  I have Ben shooting a lot with this camera and using C1 beta for raw and have no bands. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

DP

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 03:18:07 pm »

Hi

I own both A9 and A7R3. The only disappointing thing about these two cameras are cooler banding. I encounter magenta color bands in almost all my landscape images.

How to stop this?

Thank you

Marc

you can try share the actual raw file (.ARW) to illustrate the banding and get more help ...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up