Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ...  (Read 6493 times)

DP

« on: March 04, 2018, 05:25:31 pm »

as I do not want to initiate a discussion with other Fuji owners (that was not the point) & co-owner of the site & forum wants the topic to be unlocked - the review is removed...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:18:24 am by DP »

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber

Interesting . . I'm expecting a review production unit this week.  I'm just finishing the Sony a7III review and should have it up by tomorrow.  After seeing the X-H1 in LA I thought it looked pretty cool but the SDony a7III performance blew the doors off of it.  There's a lot to like about the Fuji and I'll be doing some long haul tests over the next several weeks including a trip to Portugal.  I'll see how it does, but your points sound valid.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Rand47

Re: ...
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 03:04:24 pm »

as I do not want to initiate a discussion  . . .   - the review is removed...

Yeah, that's the bummer about a discussion forum, ain't it?  Darn people who like to "discuss" get in the way of a nice one-sided monologue.

fo·rum..  [ˈfôrəm]
NOUN
1.a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged:

Rand
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:07:45 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

DP

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 03:14:09 pm »

Yeah, that's the bummer about a discussion forum, ain't it?  Darn people who like to "discuss" get in the way of a nice one-sided monologue.

Rand

you are free to open a new topic and discuss there as much as you wish - but you can't force me to take part in that and neither it comes to my mind to force my way into any locked topic ... there was/is no bummer, option to lock is available for a topic starter to use - that's it... as mr. Sanderson has a stake in the business that owns the site he naturally can set the rules overriding the wishes of any OP - hence the topic is unlocked, so fire away :)

armand

• Photos
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 03:27:44 pm »

Food for though for you: nobody owns the absolute truth and there are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 03:31:22 pm »

No one is forcing you DP to take part in anything. I find it interesting that someone who is as opinionated as you will not be willing to discuss anything. But then you must have something to hide, no real name used, short time poster. Some points you had, did have some validity and others were a little off in my opinion but we are after all discussing opinions.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

DP

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 03:41:13 pm »

I find it interesting that someone who is as opinionated as you will not be willing to discuss anything.

and the next quote from you will illustrate exactly why I did not wish to have a discussion in "my" topic w/ review which was specifically aimed at deficiencies...

But then you must have something to hide, no real name used, short time poster.

here we go  ;D  ... and, yes sir, I do beat my wife daily

DP

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 03:44:05 pm »

Food for though for you: nobody owns the absolute truth and there are more ways than one to skin a cat.

absolutely, but I will not break through your locked door to interfere w/ your way of skinning a cat - now if you leave your door open ... a food for thought for you.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 03:44:59 pm »

You can't play the victim here, "DP". This is a discussion forum and while it often makes sense for an OP to lock a thread, you were abusing it for your contentious and factually-incorrect review - if one can call it that when its author hides behind anonymity!

So I was one of those who asked for your so-called review to be unlocked.

DP

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 03:52:42 pm »

So I was one of those who asked for your so-called review to be unlocked.

For the sake of brevity - see my replies to Alan Smallbone & Armand.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 03:59:31 pm »

absolutely, but I will not break through your locked door to interfere w/ your way of skinning a cat - now if you leave your door open ... a food for thought for you.

A forum is similar to a public space so no doors here, if you post here you are willing to discuss. If on the other hand you would post the same thing on your website, then yes, you can keep the door locked.

The point of the previous reply was that you might be incorrect in your assessment and by participating in a discussion those points that you make can stand true or not.

Just posting some perceived negatives and not be willing to justify it doesn't hold much water. Now I have no investment in Fuji and at the end of the day I could care less if you don't like it but I like fairness. In most of your post you are very vocal/negative and provocative about it (or about Nikon) but not Sony or m43  despite all of them having strong points and not so strong points, some of the not so strong points being common yet you only see them when you see fit.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 04:08:43 pm by armand »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 04:12:33 pm »

For the sake of brevity - see my replies to Alan Smallbone & Armand.

Yeah, your response to their comments was pretty lame. Seriously, you were abusing the system, don't try to pass the buck.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 05:11:07 pm »

and the next quote from you will illustrate exactly why I did not wish to have a discussion in "my" topic w/ review which was specifically aimed at deficiencies...

here we go  ;D  ... and, yes sir, I do beat my wife daily

I did not question your personal life nor do I care about it, but you supposedly posted a review, you want everyone to accept your opinions but unwilling to listen or participate in discussion and as John mention your decidedly biased points. But then when you said you did not want to participate but here you are trolling.  Make up your mind.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 04:50:34 am »

It's hard to show respect for a poster who can't come up with more than three dots.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 06:02:52 am »

Kevin's reply quoted the original subject, and the post itself was quite lengthy.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com

Interesting . . I'm expecting a review production unit this week.  I'm just finishing the Sony a7III review and should have it up by tomorrow.  After seeing the X-H1 in LA I thought it looked pretty cool but the SDony a7III performance blew the doors off of it.  There's a lot to like about the Fuji and I'll be doing some long haul tests over the next several weeks including a trip to Portugal.  I'll see how it does, but your points sound valid.

Not sure what this topic was all about. What caught my attention was your mention that you are coming to Portugal, my home country. If I may ask, what parts are you planning to visit?
Regards.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 07:18:32 am »

Paul, I'm coming to Lisbon.  I'll PM you.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

rick_k

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 11:13:59 am »

Well... wasn't this a wonderful discussion of the merits of the X-H1. We all learned so much. Thanks for sharing.

Kirk_C

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 08:41:23 pm »

Well... wasn't this a wonderful discussion of the merits of the X-H1. We all learned so much. Thanks for sharing.

Damn I missed all the drama  :o

armand

• Photos
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 09:58:35 pm »

Damn I missed all the drama  :o

Don’t worry, I’m sure you will find some in the coffee corner should your heart desire it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up