Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mirror Slap on Mamiya DF  (Read 931 times)

araucaria

Mirror Slap on Mamiya DF
« on: March 04, 2018, 01:57:57 pm »

Finally I got into digital medium format, I found a nice deal on a phase one p45+ and couldn't resist.
Right now I'm using my old manual lenses from the m645 1000s, but everything below 1/400 is just useless (@80mm). I plan to buy an adapter for the mamiya rz67, but eventually I will want to use the DF.

My question is if anyone has experience with the Schneider 80mm LS being more forgiving with it's leaf shutter. On the D800 and 50mm I can go as low as 1/100 with my technique.

Best regards

ben730

• www.benhuggler.com
Re: Mirror Slap on Mamiya DF
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 06:53:03 pm »

My question is if anyone has experience with the Schneider 80mm LS being more forgiving with it's leaf shutter.

The problem is the mirror, not the shutter.
Regards,
Ben

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Re: Mirror Slap on Mamiya DF
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 12:14:42 pm »

Finally I got into digital medium format, I found a nice deal on a phase one p45+ and couldn't resist.
Right now I'm using my old manual lenses from the m645 1000s, but everything below 1/400 is just useless (@80mm). I plan to buy an adapter for the mamiya rz67, but eventually I will want to use the DF.

My question is if anyone has experience with the Schneider 80mm LS being more forgiving with it's leaf shutter. On the D800 and 50mm I can go as low as 1/100 with my technique.

Best regards

You won't really see a difference on a DF with the FPS 80mm and the LS 80mm, as the focal plane shutter is engaged regardless of which lens you're using. However, as Ben mentions, you're fighting the camera mirror and your technique at the shutter speeds you stated, rather than the focal plane shutter, which is going to have the most impact in the 1/30th - 1/2 second range.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: [1]   Go Up