Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo-related: A portrait of Trump’s mental state by photojournalists  (Read 5721 times)

Manoli

Re: Photo-related: A portrait of Trump’s mental state by photojournalists
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 10:58:21 am »

@AndrewR and texshooter. I have deleted your posts

Actually, Chris - you've deleted mine too. Why ?

There was zero political - I queried the bizarre use of the word 'queer' in relation to the artist in the BIF article.
So one can't even discuss 'Use of English' in the Coffee Corner now ... ?

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 11:01:26 am »

Actually, Chris - you've deleted mine too. Why ?

There was zero political - I queried the bizarre use of the word 'queer' in relation to the artist in the BIF article.
So one can't even discuss 'Use of English' in the Coffee Corner now ... ?

In the absence of the deleted posts your reference to "Forget about the manhood, I doubt that there's a picture in existence that depicts Trump as being so 'svelte'." made little sense

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2018, 11:06:56 am »

Apologies: the actual photo I posted and deleted by Chris was actually the 2nd image captured on my new iPhone X at the time, using the new Portrait Mode and unprocessed other than default settings in Apple Photos. Natural light, handheld, auto WB (skin tones to my eye are visually close to the subject). This camera is a major improvement over my previous iPhone 6!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Manoli

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2018, 11:13:38 am »

Well that's what I suspected , though the thought did come to me that you'd used a Cambo Actus but not sure which SonyAlpha cam was mounted on it.  My suggestion is that for certain subjects where resolution is all important, it's still advisable to use a 5x4.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2018, 11:19:19 am »

Apologies: the actual photo I posted and deleted by Chris was actually the 2nd image captured on my new iPhone X at the time, using the new Portrait Mode and unprocessed other than default settings in Apple Photos. Natural light, handheld, auto WB (skin tones to my eye are visually close to the subject). This camera is a major improvement over my previous iPhone 6!
Well, entre nous, it was the apparent use of silk-stocking diffusion that caused the trouble

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2018, 12:43:34 pm »

Give it a rest, Jeff!

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2018, 10:38:09 am »

Bud, the moderators specifically and directly asked that this sort of thing not happen. To be frank, your post appears to be a deliberate attempt to get the thread classes.
Chris will delete it (or be accused of deleting a post with an actual photo in it the other day)!  :o
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2018, 10:55:53 am »

@BudJames. Please let's keep overt politics away from this. I have deleted your post.

It is possible that a new moderator will allow political discussions but until that time, stay away from the subject.
LuLa staff currently do not have the time or desire to referee those discussions. This may change in the future if discussions remain civil.

texshooter

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2018, 12:21:14 pm »

Does deleting controversial or offensive comments from the Coffee Corner actually gain or preserve LULA subscriptions or sponsorship?   If no, why bother?

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2018, 12:39:14 pm »

Does deleting controversial or offensive comments from the Coffee Corner actually gain or preserve LULA subscriptions or sponsorship?   If no, why bother?

Because it will help to preserve at least a veneer of civility. It is true that courtesy is something which appears to be in increasingly short supply these days, but that is no reason why it can't be maintained here. We are adults and, for the most part, professional people. We should behave as such.

Jeremy

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2018, 12:57:43 pm »

I hope that LuLa's policies and procedures are driven by more than "what will increase revenue" and I think there is evidence of that.

texshooter

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2018, 01:40:39 am »

Perhaps the Coffee Corner needs a companion forum: the Snake Pit.    Just saying.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 02:06:22 am by texshooter »

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 09:26:27 am »

Actually, another comparison would be Pete Souza (Obama's photog) vs Shealah Craighead (Trump's photog) although that would be somewhat unfair since Shealah has only had a year to shoot. Her Instagram photos are more personal but she does post to Twitter @ @shealahdcphoto Only the second female WH shooter. The Woman Behind the Lens: Meet White House Photographer Shealah Craighead

I was impressed with seeing Shealah running around with a big backpack of cameras and what appears to be a Canon 70-200mm (although sometimes I think it's a 100-400mm).

So, let's see if we can keep it about photography....

Two difficult assignments:

Photo editor to photog: " We need a photo essay on Kansas. Make it look mountainous."
Photog: "Oy vey."

Trump to Shealah: "As my photographer, I expect you  to make me look intelligent, knowledgeable, and sympathetic."
Shealah: "Oy vey."

Rob C

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 09:34:36 am »

Two difficult assignments:

Photo editor to photog: " We need a photo essay on Kansas. Make it look mountainous."
Photog: "Oy vey."

Trump to Shealah: "As my photographer, I expect you  to make me look intelligent, knowledgeable, and sympathetic."
Shealah: "Oy vey."

Harry Benson: "Only if I keep the copyright! Okay then, Jimmy?"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up