Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DV Experiment  (Read 415 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
DV Experiment
« on: February 27, 2018, 02:16:54 pm »

Experimenting with a rather extreme crop in LR then on to PS where I was playing around with the luminosity masking in the new Tony Kuyper version. Size reduction is about 3x or I should say 1/3. Does it look over-worked? I will say, at the risk of biasing C&C, this image was pushed pretty significantly, not only by the size reduction. The yellow, lower left, is Death Valley dust.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: DV Experiment
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 02:20:24 pm »

Once uploaded to LuLa, there is a terrible noise in the sky that is absent upon viewing the same image in FastStone Image Viewer or if I open the same image in Chrome. So that sort of distortion renders my original questions difficult to answer! The jpeg is at 100% quality and the sRGB profile is embedded. Color conversion and downsizing done in Photoshop. Any suggestions welcomed.

Telecaster

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 04:11:25 pm »

Maybe upload it as a TIF. I've done this a couple times, though by accident. Not sure what LuLa might do to it, but here's a chance to find out.  :)

-Dave-

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 10:41:28 pm »

A complete re-do from scratch. No JPEG artefact. So at least I can get back to my original question  :P
Que lastima  :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up