Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aperture 1.5  (Read 10026 times)

benInMA

Aperture 1.5
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 12:04:15 pm »

How about exporting to a TIFF and printing in Photoshop or other app of your choice and then just trashing the TIFF.  As long as you can recreate the TIFF again every time it should be OK if you don't want to save the TIFF forever.

I don't know if I'll use Aperture for printing, I think I probably will, but in the past my workflow has always been to save a separate copy of an image that is prepped for printing.  That way I can always duplicate that print again exactly.

Most of my library is JPGs and Aperture works just fine on them, I'm probably not going to go back and recreate my "Print" files, I'll just leave them there.

ricwis

• http://www.ricwis.com
Aperture 1.5
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 12:23:36 pm »

Exporting to Photoshop is an option.  Seems kind of silly to me to have to load all the overhead of Photoshop just to make a print.  It adds to the work and workflow.  So for me, I might as well just use Photoshop.

I appreciate everyone who has offered suggestions.  It seems to me that Apple has a print dialog in Aperture that is completely different.  It may be the designers did not consider page printers like a dye sub, which has fixed sizes and printing area.  On the Apple site, users of the older Olympus P400 dye sub photo printer report the same problems.  Their prints always have that silly one inch margin.
Rich Wisler
Wildlife and Scenic Photogra

SteveLgBch

Aperture 1.5
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 07:15:18 pm »

Does the 1 inch printer border apply to all printers when used with Aperture or the just the 1400?  I am looking at the buying Aperture to use with my Epson 4000.

Thanks,

-Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78449\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm using it with my 4000.  I can get smaller margins than 1".  Down to .14" I think, when not using borderless. Borderless is well, borderless.

SteveLgBch

Aperture 1.5
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 07:24:08 pm »

Hi and thank you for the suggestion,
I tried the custom size and it did not work.  Using custom paper size freezes out all the other print options and gives no control over borders.  It fills the page completely and then messes up the tracking for the ribbon passes.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78496\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not sure about your printer, but I was having the same problem with my Epson 4000 until I started adding at least .01" margins in the define custom size. (If they are all zero, then it doesn't work.)   I was trying to define a 17"x25" paper size.  Then the greyed out selections became available and I was able to define new photo sizes (rather than the fill page) in the dialog.  The only problem I have now is the one of the margins is about 1/8" more than the opposite margin.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up