Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new purchase Epson ET-2700  (Read 1178 times)

greyscale

new purchase Epson ET-2700
« on: February 23, 2018, 03:31:09 pm »

Just a note regarding this NEW (according to Epson) printer. This printer does NOT use cartridges. Instead, ink is refilled from bottles :). I can only hope the P-800 replacement also uses bottles, as well as no switching as in the Cannon Pro-1000s do. Also is it time for a Epson wide printer update? Hope so, as my 3880 has died. Just fishin 8)

DougDolde

• Images of the American West
Re: new purchase Epson ET-2700
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 04:16:36 pm »

Doesn't look like a good photo printer to me.

greyscale

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 05:23:24 pm »

Doug, only good for docs, not photo. 4 ink set :'(

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 05:53:55 pm »

Epson will most likely not make an eco tank printer any time soon that I'm aware of.  These models were more towards documents and quick photos (not great looking).  The 17" models already have their 80ml (4900/P5000 with 200ml) ink and since they have 9-11 colors, this would be possibly difficult to have eco tanks attached from the size.  Epson makes their models with the A/B black switch so that you don't use one of the blacks during printing/cleaning and will save ink on that black where Canon will "use" both blacks during cleanings and only 1 during a print.

The P800 has been out for about 2-2 1/2 years and manufacturer's normally update models around 5-6 years.

Rado

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 06:05:36 pm »

There's already the Epson L800/L1800 series (apparently only sold here in Eastern Europe and Asia) which is an 6-ink tank system, dye based. Photos look okay but longevity is poor. I'm disappointed there's no support for alternative 3rd party inks, like carbon based b/w ones for these printers - they are so easy to refill.

NAwlins_Contrarian

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 11:17:25 pm »

Epson has been selling EcoTank models for a couple of years, and more recently Canon started selling similar MegaTank models. But the inks for the EcoTank printers are not Epson Claria HD dye ink like in the XP-15000 etc. much less UltraChrome pigment ink; and likewise, the inks for the Canon MegaTank printers are not ChromaLife 100+ dye, much less Lucia pigment. Wilhelm tested the Epson tank inks--including both four-color and six-color versions--and the print-under-glass fade resistance results were only a small fraction as long as Claria HD dye ink. Read it at http://www.wilhelm-research.com/epson/WIR_Epson_L355_and_L800_2014_10_10.pdf.

Now where ultimate quality isn't a big issue and fade resistance takes a distant second to cost--say, a grammar-school classroom--these tank printers may be a great choice.

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 04:29:45 pm »

Epson has been selling EcoTank models for a couple of years, and more recently Canon started selling similar MegaTank models. But the inks for the EcoTank printers are not Epson Claria HD dye ink like in the XP-15000 etc. much less UltraChrome pigment ink; and likewise, the inks for the Canon MegaTank printers are not ChromaLife 100+ dye, much less Lucia pigment. Wilhelm tested the Epson tank inks--including both four-color and six-color versions--and the print-under-glass fade resistance results were only a small fraction as long as Claria HD dye ink. Read it at http://www.wilhelm-research.com/epson/WIR_Epson_L355_and_L800_2014_10_10.pdf.

Now where ultimate quality isn't a big issue and fade resistance takes a distant second to cost--say, a grammar-school classroom--these tank printers may be a great choice.

I have resurrected this thread to ask about the color quality of the Canon Megatank printers. I am thinking in terms of printing postcards and other small prints for marketing purposes, where I don't need a high level of longevity and the prints would not normally be displayed anyway, but for which I do need very good color quality (though not necessarily at the highest level).

Has anyone used one of these printers enough to come to some strong conclusion?

enduser

Pages: [1]   Go Up