Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya and Pentax  (Read 2835 times)

abrehm

Mamiya and Pentax
« on: September 26, 2006, 01:02:35 pm »

I have heard (only rumors though) that Mamiya and Pentax are set to launch their new digital medium format cameras at Kina this year.  I will be looking to upgrade soon and the new digital medium format options were very intriguing options to the 1ds3 whenever it comes out.  I havent heard anything about the Mamiya or Pentax though and was wondering if I have to wait longer, or if both companies will hold on to their product forever and it would be better to just get the 1ds3 when announced.  Any info is appreciated.

Andy

J. Paul

Mamiya and Pentax
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:30:31 am »

I have heard (only rumors though) that Mamiya and Pentax are set to launch their new digital medium format cameras at Kina this year.  I will be looking to upgrade soon and the new digital medium format options were very intriguing options to the 1ds3 whenever it comes out.  I havent heard anything about the Mamiya or Pentax though and was wondering if I have to wait longer, or if both companies will hold on to their product forever and it would be better to just get the 1ds3 when announced.  Any info is appreciated.

Andy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77839\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I too am interested in what Pentax might come up with for medium format.  I have a complete Pentax 67 outfit with an array of lenses that I would like to use.  I have heard that the Pentax Digital will be in the 18 MP range.  I wonder how a medium format digital might compare to the files produced by the Canon 1Ds Mark II.  I may just end up going with the successor to the 1Ds Mark II.
Cheers!
J. Paul

tonypassera

• http://www.blueirisphotography.com
Mamiya and Pentax
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 10:32:15 am »

I too am interested in what Pentax might come up with for medium format.  I have a complete Pentax 67 outfit with an array of lenses that I would like to use.  I have heard that the Pentax Digital will be in the 18 MP range.  I wonder how a medium format digital might compare to the files produced by the Canon 1Ds Mark II.  I may just end up going with the successor to the 1Ds Mark II.
Cheers!
J. Paul
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It looks like Pentax is moving to a Kodak sensor with 30 megapixels,
which is the same size as the 18 megapixel sensor first announced.
I'm hoping that the raw files will be 16-bit.  If so, then I'd expect the
image quality to be competitive with MFDB's.

Check out:
[a href=\"http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-7898-8584]http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_p...cid=7-7898-8584[/url]

Having a bunch of Pentax 645 lenses, I'm very eager to hear when this
thing will be available.  I sure wish that more information were forthcoming.
Tony
Pages: [1]   Go Up