Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File corruption. psd  (Read 1369 times)

preparation

File corruption. psd
« on: February 22, 2018, 08:23:56 am »

Hello! worked in photoshop with psd file, suddenly shut down the computer. Can't remember when I saved before, maybe 5-7 minutes before. A reboot occurred automatically. When I reopened the file, it already consisted of one layer in black color. The weight of the file has not changed. And the preservation of its consistent shutdown of the computer. I. e. the file somehow merged all layers, remained before shutdown. How can I return a file to its state before this glitch? No copy. Program Advanced PSD Repair did not help, well, I wasn't counting, because maybe the problem is with the file other. Tell me what you can do in a similar situation. Thank You.

Garnick

Re: File corruption. psd
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 05:22:49 pm »

Do you work on Mac or Windows?  If it's Mac, and if you use Time Machine, you can recover the file state from there.  Otherwise it would seem that perhaps the adjustments you made before the "shutdown" are now baked in.  Unfortunately a valuable lesson learned the hard way.  Back up, backup and backup some more.  Also, never work on the Background layer, always copy it to a second layer and work from there, until you feel comfortable with merging down.  I hope you have some luck with this one. 

Gary 
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 06:06:50 pm »

Is the "History" gone as well???
Regards,
Ron

leuallen

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 08:15:00 pm »

Don't the latter versions of PS have an automatic backup feature? I have had PS crash and have been able to recover the file with a loss of maybe 5 min work. You can set the backup time interval and I think I set mine to 5 min and I think you have to turn the feature on. PS will store the most recent version of the back up in a special folder.  Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the folder or its location. Check help and google to find it if your version of PS supports this feature.

Larry

PS Why it pays to keep your software current.

TonyW

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 06:33:19 am »

Привет, ты и оригинальный плакат того же человека или из той же компании?

На первый плакат почему бы не опубликовать ссылку на ваш файл, чтобы узнать, может ли кто-нибудь помочь вам бесплатно

OP, why not post a link to your image on something like Dropbox.  No guarantee but someone may try and help at no cost

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 09:40:56 am »

Привет, ты и оригинальный плакат того же человека или из той же компании?

На первый плакат почему бы не опубликовать ссылку на ваш файл, чтобы узнать, может ли кто-нибудь помочь вам бесплатно

I think the answer is quite clearly yes and they have been banned
Pages: [1]   Go Up