Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: LuLa - on a one way ticket to nowhere  (Read 35510 times)

Farmer

Re: LuLa - on a one way ticket to nowhere
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2018, 01:50:17 pm »

Right, Farmer, there are boys who act a lot like girls. Then there are boys whou'd knock the coaches' or priests' blocks off. THOSE are BOYS!

Wow!  Boys who get sexually abused are girls.  That's what you've just implied.  Just, wow.
Phil Brown

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2018, 01:52:20 pm »

But I got your attention, didn't I.

Not sure that's the kind of attention you want. You come across the same as the leader of the m2 movement.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2018, 01:53:15 pm »

Wow!  Boys who get sexually abused are girls.  That's what you've just implied.  Just, wow.

To quote Schwarzenegger: those are girly boys ;)

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2018, 01:54:11 pm »

You should be more careful in selecting your parallels/metaphors, as this one works directly against you. No mafia was ever brought to justice and put in jail by mere accusations of the wronged or the media. Instead, they went to police and it took years of careful application of legal system to provide EVIDENCE and jail them.

And a lot of people were murdered until everyone believed there really was a mafia. I guess circumstantial evidence doesn't apply here, right?

So with that logic you don't believe sexual abuse claims unless you see what? a dead body? What else is there but circumstantial evidence. No one is going to sexually abuse someone and leave evidence. So how do you stop this? Any solutions? It's one person's word against another's.

Farmer

« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2018, 01:55:04 pm »

The moment someone starts using curses, foul language, personal attacks, is the moment they lost the power of argument and resorted to the argument of power (e.g. verbal abuse).

As opposed to Russ' position of might makes right and those who can't are girls?  On the one hand, it's fine for Russ to recommend just settling things ~like men~, but not for Tim to use strong language?  It's OK to use the term "lefties" (just because a single person directly called themselves that, and then you used that as the basis for any use of it) as a label, meant clearly as a derogative term, but not for Tim to drop a minor bit of swearing?

The hypocrisy is utterly rank.
Phil Brown

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2018, 01:55:37 pm »

Not sure that's the kind of attention you want. You come across the same as the leader of the m2 movement.

I don't believe you know what you're talking about. There's no evidence.

Farmer

« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2018, 01:56:34 pm »

To quote Schwarzenegger: those are girly boys ;)

Presumably the kind that some folks like, eh?  The ones they can "beat" to make themselves feel more manly?  I'm getting a better sense of how to recognise those sorts of cowards.
Phil Brown

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2018, 01:59:08 pm »

So with that logic you don't believe sexual abuse claims unless you see what? a dead body? What else is there but circumstantial evidence. No one is going to sexually abuse someone and leave evidence. So how do you stop this? Any solutions? It's one person's word against another's.
How do you then explain all the convictions Manoli reported on in post 171? He even says he can go "on and on" (which is all good stuff). Your assumption that the sinners cannot be tried fairly and get their deserved punishment is overly simplistic.

But as soon as a society drops the presumption of innocence you're living under a dictatorship rule.
pieter, aka pegelli

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2018, 02:05:54 pm »

How do you then explain all the convictions Manoli reported on in post 171? He even says he can go "on and on" (which is all good stuff). Your assumption that the sinners cannot be tried fairly and get their deserved punishment is overly simplistic.

But as soon as a society drops the presumption of innocence you're living under a dictatorship rule.

What is with this "we're headed toward a dictatorship"? How do you go from a group of people trying to be heard that they're not going to take anymore abuse from those that abuse in secret to calling that a dictatorship? Did the civil rights movement turn our country into a dictatorship?

You're the one being over simplistic and hyperbolic. I don't hear you coming up with solutions to get these bastards to stop abusing people in secret.

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2018, 02:11:54 pm »

Slobodan, Russ,  I'm just gonna say it straight out here.

You guys are a fuckin' problem. You keep sniping, dragging out red herrings, and generally stamping around saying the same dumb
shit over and over again until you get people riled up and cussing at you. Especially you, Slobodan.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2018, 02:13:41 pm »

As opposed to Russ' position of might makes right and those who can't are girls?  On the one hand, it's fine for Russ to recommend just settling things ~like men~, but not for Tim to use strong language?  It's OK to use the term "lefties" (just because a single person directly called themselves that, and then you used that as the basis for any use of it) as a label, meant clearly as a derogative term, but not for Tim to drop a minor bit of swearing?

The hypocrisy is utterly rank.

That wasn't "a bit of swearing." There is a huge difference between personal attacks using foul language and expressing a general opinion you may not like.

The left and the right, ultra-left and ultra-right, are all legitimate political terms, among others. Would it make you happier if I would use "the left" instead of "lefties"? Though I use "lefties" as a term of endearment, as one should, when talking to immature kids.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #211 on: February 25, 2018, 02:15:32 pm »

Slobodan, Russ,  I'm just gonna say it straight out here.

You guys are a fuckin' problem. You keep sniping, dragging out red herrings, and generally stamping around saying the same dumb
shit over and over again until you get people riled up and cussing at you. Especially you, Slobodan.

I am actually glad when people start cussing at me. That means they lost the argument.

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2018, 02:27:13 pm »

I am actually glad when people start cussing at me. That means they lost the argument.

Sometimes it just means your friend is tired of you ignoring their carefully constructed arguments and returning only smug belittlement, and
are desperate to actually get you, their friend, to engage in something resembling a serious conversation about a serious topic.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2018, 02:29:28 pm »

What is with this "we're headed toward a dictatorship"? How do you go from a group of people trying to be heard that they're not going to take anymore abuse from those that abuse in secret to calling that a dictatorship? Did the civil rights movement turn our country into a dictatorship?

You're the one being over simplistic and hyperbolic. I don't hear you coming up with solutions to get these bastards to stop abusing people in secret.
You're not answering my question and fail to look at the data I (and others who are on your side) provide.

The comparison with the civil rights movement is false, MeToo is by far not as honorable because they're crusading against a minority of bad people by accusing many good people of things they never did.
Also the civil rights movement never went against the presumption of innocence, so that's another false equivalence. 

I also never said that the MeToo movement would lead to a dictatorship, I said a society that drops the presumption of innocence is moving there, but fortunately the MeToo movement is not in power and as far as I can tell too erratic and hyperbolic to ever get there.

It's not my job to come up with a solution, but I know for sure that your solution by calling out names without proper review and hearing both sides will hurt more then it can ever dream to heal.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 02:32:38 pm by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #214 on: February 25, 2018, 02:30:13 pm »

Though I use "lefties" as a term of endearment, as one should, when talking to immature kids.

Could you please come up with a more original and intelligent zing? You sound like George Costanza from a Seinfeld episode.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #215 on: February 25, 2018, 02:33:51 pm »

You're not answering my question and fail to look at the data I (and others who are on your side) provide.

The comparison with the civil rights movement is false, MeToo is by far not as honorable because they're crusading against a minority of bad people by accusing many good people of things they never did.

Where are you getting this data that proves there's a minority of bad people being accused of something they never did? And why would you refer to them as bad if they never did anything bad? How can you tell the bad ones from the good ones?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 02:38:09 pm by Tim Lookingbill »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #216 on: February 25, 2018, 02:34:50 pm »

Sometimes it just means your friend is tired of you ignoring their carefully constructed arguments and returning only smug belittlement, and
are desperate to actually get you, their friend, to engage in something resembling a serious conversation about a serious topic.

I think I stated my serious position quite clearly, occasional joking notwithstanding, throughout these 10+ pages. If someone comes late to the party, and starts seeing only parts of it, I can't be responsible for it. Me agreeing with your balanced post constitutes a statement of position too.

Btw. being tired does not excuse you or anybody else from becoming vulgar. In spite of the cussing coming at me, I have not once returned the favor, however tired I might get from it.

Also, if one's "carefully constructed argument" can be so easily dismissed with a single snipe, it wasn't much of an argument  then.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #217 on: February 25, 2018, 02:39:09 pm »

And that will be the last post in this particular thread.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up