Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LuLa - on a one way ticket to nowhere  (Read 35541 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: LuLa - on a one way ticket to nowhere
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2018, 11:12:12 am »

Hey, a balanced post from Andrew M.! :)

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2018, 11:12:48 am »

I'm off my meds. Sorry.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2018, 11:34:20 am »

I was raised in the East End of London and on a tough council estate. I've known many hard men who were taught to use their fists to dispense justice. Some did time and others dispensed abuse themselves.

I'm all for bringing those who abuse others to justice but using fists is no answer.

I'm not suggesting they use their fists to do anything but get out of there, Keith. After that, I'd expect them to report the attempted violation to authorities -- maybe parents, maybe cops, and have the balls to put up with the crap that follows while the molester is brought to justice.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

OmerV

• Photographs
« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2018, 12:03:03 pm »

I'm not suggesting they use their fists to do anything but get out of there, Keith. After that, I'd expect them to report the attempted violation to authorities -- maybe parents, maybe cops, and have the balls to put up with the crap that follows while the molester is brought to justice.

Well, congratulations. That is exactly what the #MeToo movement is doing.

RSL

« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2018, 12:10:09 pm »

Bullshit! The #MeToo movement is a left-wing political activity. It's objective is to bring down people the accusers don't like, without the necessity to prove anything. It sounds a lot like the Salem witch trials.

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2018, 12:12:12 pm »

To ascribe a single motivation goal to a thing like #metoo is, well, it's a little naive. Literally anyone can use the hashtag to talk about, well, anything.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2018, 12:29:59 pm »

It would certainly help the cause more has the leader of the movement been slightly less batshit crazy.

OmerV

• Photographs
« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2018, 12:31:22 pm »

Bullshit! The #MeToo movement is a left-wing political activity. It's objective is to bring down people the accusers don't like, without the necessity to prove anything. It sounds a lot like the Salem witch trials.

I guess they're girls who act like boys, eh?

To ascribe a single motivation goal to a thing like #metoo is, well, it's a little naive. Literally anyone can use the hashtag to talk about, well, anything.

Like, really?

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2018, 12:34:29 pm »

It's a telling story and there are many around. Unfortunately they are very hard to verify (not that I don't believe you) but the problem is they get all thrown into one big bag without too much critical investigation, true or not and thereby too easily extrapolated to "that's how it is".

However it's my belief that we would really need God's help if we lose due process, presumption of innocence and a chance to hear the other side. In my mind one sided stories should never be taken for the full truth at face value.

So you still have second thoughts on believing someone, a young person or female adult, who would risk all the crap they'ld have to go through in court to prove such claims as not being believable because there is no evidence?

Of course there's no evidence because these bastards do it where there are no witnesses. Why do you think the police had that model record Weinstein to prove he sexually harasses women as some type of payola to get in da' biz. He actually dismisses the model verbally complaining to him that this is how he does business. Do you think Weinstein would talk and act like that right out in public? Are you that naive? Or are you using your intellectualism to bury your head in the sand so you can still feel good and fool yourself into thinking you're a "smart but caring person"? 

Your POV can be applied to the mafia. The mafia claims there is no mafia. There's no evidence that a group of men collude to control certain sectors of business society using strong arm tactics and threats to collect protection fees from business owners.

There's no evidence that the mafia conducts murders out in plain sight as recorded by magazines and newspaper photos in the past and currently in some parts of the world.

With your belief system I think what's going to have to happen is those that don't have as much power and authority should start doing what the 13 year old hispanic boy did to Columbo, stab the bastards and let the courts sort it out.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2018, 12:42:38 pm »

We live not only in an age of massively wide media, much if not most of it based on some idiot's imagination, but in a fantasy world of expectations where millions seem to believe they will be rich tomorrow, if not today; will get everything they crave in life for little or no effort; believe that everybody is as talented as everybody else in every way and that only unfair play is holding them back from whatever they feel to be their right. And worst of all, they demand to be judge, jury and executioner at every mock tial they decide to hold.

You have no evidence to support those claims, Rob.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #190 on: February 25, 2018, 12:48:28 pm »

Balanced and caring? How about unmolested? How about locking up the molesters? Seems to me "balanced and caring" (whatever that is) ought to include getting rid of perverts.

Because there is no evidence that any abuse occured. It's all done in secret. No one would believe a boy's motivation to beating the shit out of a priest as justified if they're not going to believe that the priest is a pedophile.

Hey Russ, how the hell did you get so old saying such stupid shit?

RSL

« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2018, 01:03:37 pm »

Hey, Tim. Don't hold back. Let it all hang out. Tell us what you really think.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #192 on: February 25, 2018, 01:11:52 pm »

Hey, Tim. Don't hold back. Let it all hang out. Tell us what you really think.

It's funny what I have to say to get your attention.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #193 on: February 25, 2018, 01:18:22 pm »

Good grief, maybe I should've read through this thread more thoroughly. Not only do people say stupid shit here, but they also don't put much faith that society by and large is made up of good and kind people unless they have a certain political view.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #194 on: February 25, 2018, 01:34:58 pm »

I'll spell it out for ya'

The MeToo movement is likened to what the civil rights movement had to do to to bring attention that 12% of American society (African Americans) were systematically being abused because of race.

How does a small group of people who aren't being believed or heard that their claims of abuse are real? They have to form their own gang to fight and bring attention to a much larger gang who couldn't possibly believe that good, god fearing white people would be so cruel to a whole race of people because by and large white people just didn't want to hang around and co-mingle with these dark skinned people, so there are no facts to go on because out of sight, out of mind.

The MeToo movement is applying the same tactics to put the fear of god in these bastards who sexually abuse people in secret leaving no evidence and then knowingly use their position of authority and respectability to cast doubt that they could do such a thing.

No evidence, so out of sight, out of mind. More people believe in ghosts and UFO's than believe the claims from those that they've been sexually harassed or abused by people hiding behind the public trust of respectability and social stature.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2018, 01:39:54 pm »

... Hey Russ, how the hell did you get so old saying such stupid shit?

The moment someone starts using curses, foul language, personal attacks, is the moment they lost the power of argument and resorted to the argument of power (e.g. verbal abuse).

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2018, 01:40:13 pm »

So you still have second thoughts on believing someone, a young person or female adult, who would risk all the crap they'ld have to go through in court to prove such claims as not being believable because there is no evidence?

Of course there's no evidence because these bastards do it where there are no witnesses. Why do you think the police had that model record Weinstein to prove he sexually harasses women as some type of payola to get in da' biz. He actually dismisses the model verbally complaining to him that this is how he does business. Do you think Weinstein would talk and act like that right out in public? Are you that naive? Or are you using your intellectualism to bury your head in the sand so you can still feel good and fool yourself into thinking you're a "smart but caring person"? 

Your POV can be applied to the mafia. The mafia claims there is no mafia. There's no evidence that a group of men collude to control certain sectors of business society using strong arm tactics and threats to collect protection fees from business owners.

There's no evidence that the mafia conducts murders out in plain sight as recorded by magazines and newspaper photos in the past and currently in some parts of the world.

With your belief system I think what's going to have to happen is those that don't have as much power and authority should start doing what the 13 year old hispanic boy did to Columbo, stab the bastards and let the courts sort it out.

Utter bullshit, see my later posts, plenty people tried and convicted which I applaud so your defense that it "can't be done" doesn't hold water in my mind.

I think your POV is many times used by populist dictators: spin a story, make the masses believe it through a media hype and then lock up all who go against you without any critical examination and no fair trial or right to defend themselves.
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2018, 01:43:38 pm »

... Your POV can be applied to the mafia. The mafia claims there is no mafia. There's no evidence that a group of men collude to control certain sectors of business society using strong arm tactics and threats to collect protection fees from business owners.

There's no evidence that the mafia conducts murders out in plain sight as recorded by magazines and newspaper photos in the past and currently in some parts of the world...

You should be more careful in selecting your parallels/metaphors, as this one works directly against you. No mafia was ever brought to justice and put in jail by mere accusations of the wronged or the media. Instead, they went to police and it took years of careful application of legal system to provide EVIDENCE and jail them.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2018, 01:45:13 pm »

The moment someone starts using curses, foul language, personal attacks, is the moment they lost the power of argument and resorted to the argument of power (e.g. verbal abuse).

But I got your attention, didn't I.

Is it sinking in what people have to do to be believed?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2018, 01:49:33 pm »

... Why do you think the police had that model record Weinstein to prove he sexually harasses women...

This is what we have been saying all along:GO TO THE POLICE. Let them do their job, collect evidence. Get out of the situation, go to the police and file your complaint. It still would be he-said-she-said situation, but multiple complains WOULD trigger the investigation and bring perps to justice. Just do not do it 10-15 years later.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up