Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera FV-5 Doesn't Always Save DNG on Samsung Galaxy S7  (Read 2788 times)

John Hollenberg

Camera FV-5 Doesn't Always Save DNG on Samsung Galaxy S7
« on: February 19, 2018, 08:28:35 pm »

I discovered after a few days in Mammoth that many of the photos I took using Camera FV-5 (version 3.31.4) on my Samsung Galaxy S7 (SMG930F model) were jpeg only, no DNG file was saved.  After a little experimentation I discovered the problem and a workaround.  It turns out that when I start Camera FV-5 it saves DNG as it is supposed to do.  However, if I leave the application in any way (open up a browser, press the right button to lock the phone, etc.) when I return FV-5 now forgets to save a DNG.  I don't know if this is a bug others would run into or specific to my phone.  I reported the bug to the developer.

Workaround: Always close and restart Camera FV-5 if you switch away from the application.  When I do that, I get DNG saved 100% of the time.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
Re: Camera FV-5 Doesn't Always Save DNG on Samsung Galaxy S7
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 09:43:21 am »

Interesting, don't know that I have ever run into that, but then I think I always close it. Thanks for the heads up.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

John Hollenberg

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 09:50:55 am »

Alan,

If you check to see if this problem exists for you, let me know.  It's hard for me to believe that I am the only one afflicted by this bug.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 12:49:08 pm »

John,

I have the same version on my phone and I just tried it and it works just fine, recording both files. I tried pressing the button and bringing up a browser and also bringing up the email app and then switched to FV-5 and it worked just fine, both jpeg and dng files. I am saving my files to an micro SD card and not the phone internal, don't know if that makes a difference. My phone is on Android 7 latest security patch.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

John Hollenberg

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 06:06:43 pm »

Alan,

Thanks for the follow-up.  Camera FV-5 defaults to record to internal phone, I didn't change it (yet).  I will check to see if changing to micro SD card fixes the problem for me.

John Hollenberg

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 09:51:59 pm »

Changing Camera FV-5 to save to custom location on the micro SD problem resolved the issue.  Will email the developer so he/she can hopefully fix the bug.  Thanks.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 03:06:15 pm »

John,

Glad it is an easy fix. Hopefully they will knock that bug out soon.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

John Hollenberg

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 06:48:43 pm »

After changing the settings to use the SD card DNG is always saved, but now the portrait images are not auto rotated when I go to view them afterward.  In the end, I went back to the internal memory to save images and plan to just be sure I restart the app every time I leave the app and come back to it.  Think there are a few bugs?  Still a great program overall in spite of the warts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up