Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image borders for deckle edge paper?  (Read 498 times)

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Image borders for deckle edge paper?
« on: February 18, 2018, 06:53:50 pm »

I was curious what people typically did with the edges of the printed image area when printing on deckle edge paper. Straight image edges? Rough edges? Fade to white?

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
Re: Image borders for deckle edge paper?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 10:38:55 am »

I suppose any of those methods would work depending on the image.  I have used rough edges for rustic type images of trees and am now using straight edges for some B&W prints of desert scenes.

I just picked up a box of 13x19" Hahnemuhle William Turner decked edge paper for the desert scenes and have printed with straight edges and left about 1 1/2" border all around.  Plan to mount the paper on 1/8" foam core and then 'float' on a piece of mat board that will be an additional 2" larger than the print all around. looks clean with the printed straight edge and would not have worked as well with a fade or rough edge with this type of image --- but to each his own I guess.

BTW I really like the William Turner. Very deep blacks but fragile surface so spray or mount right away carefully to avoid marking the really nice blacks.  Also the decked edge is certainly visible all around but not as dramatic as many hand laid fine art papers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up