Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are my actions in CC2018 ? not where they used to be..  (Read 1216 times)

zobelaudio

• zobeleye.com
Where are my actions in CC2018 ? not where they used to be..
« on: February 18, 2018, 01:29:51 pm »

Hi all,

driving me nuts, I have created actions in PS cc2018, they are visible in the app, are working , but when I search for them (they used to be in the userlib/appsupport/adobe/PScc2018/presets/actions) on my harddrive to copy them and bring them to another computer, they are not there...also my old ones , which where created with CS5, are still visible and working but I can't locate the files...
What is going on ?

thx for checking

Stephan

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
Re: Where are my actions in CC2018 ? not where they used to be..
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 12:39:59 am »

Not sure where they could be...

However, if they are visible in your Photoshop, you can save them as a set on a thumbdrive or something and take them to the new computer. 

http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2014/06/how-to-save-and-load-actions-in-photoshop.html

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Where are my actions in CC2018 ? not where they used to be..
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 05:50:20 pm »

driving me nuts, I have created actions in PS cc2018, they are visible in the app, are working , but when I search for them (they used to be in the userlib/appsupport/adobe/PScc2018/presets/actions) on my harddrive to copy them and bring them to another computer, they are not there...also my old ones , which where created with CS5, are still visible and working but I can't locate the files...
What is going on ?

Actually, Photoshop stores the current action that are in the Actions panel in a .psp database file in you Photoshop Preferences in User/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings/Actions Palette.psp

You can access the individual actions or sets from within that file. You'll need to saves out the Action Sets (you must save sets on individual actions) to move them around. Your older CS5 actions were likely migrated over when upgrading unless you had saved out the sets and reloaded them.

Also note (I know this from experience) if you write a lengthy and complicated action and crash before closing, your action will be lost. You need to close normally for the new action to be added to /Actions Palette.psp file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up