Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pros behaving badly  (Read 4389 times)

James Clark

Re: Pros behaving badly
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 08:55:46 pm »

I you were an ordinary looking white (or whatever) woman with a honors degree in science, you'd never have to have sex to get a job either (a job related to science, that is). Moral: get a degree, in science or otherwise, rather than dropping out of high school to pursue modeling or acting career.

My ex-wife did her postdoctoral work at one of the most prestigious research institutes in the United States. I can promise you that even at the highest levels of achievement there are men in positions of authority that will leverage the young women under their direction, and whose futures they hold in their hands. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 09:25:09 pm »

My ex-wife did her postdoctoral work at one of the most prestigious research institutes in the United States. I can promise you that even at the highest levels of achievement there are men in positions of authority that will leverage the young women under their direction, and whose futures they hold in their hands. 

They might try, because we are human. And not only men. There are more and more women in the position of power, and I am sure they would try to take advantage of that too. However, there are already laws on the books that address the quid-pro-quo situations. And wise women (and men) know how to handle those situations to their advantage. Nihil novi sub sole.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 09:38:22 pm »

... I think the moral should be: Don't prey on women...

And that's how dinosaurs got extinct.

But seriously, you are oversimplifying the situation. You see it only as one sided, as evil men praying on innocent women. It takes two to tango. It is more of a chicken and egg situation: there are just as many women willing to sleep their way to the top as men willing to take advantage of it. Which one came first? You are idolizing one side and vilifying the other. Why is it that you assume that the sex was always under duress? As Rob pointed out, there is just as much sex for fun going on, with both sides willingly engaging in it.

There are currently two types of complainers: those that successfully slept their way to the top, but, once there, do not want to admit it even to themselves, and would rather shift the blame to those that helped them to get there. And second, those who tried to sleep their way to the top but failed, and now want their "money" back.

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 10:24:59 pm »

Seriously Slobodan you really should stop destroying your credibility on this forum.

"There are currently two types of complainers: those that successfully slept their way to the top, but, once there, do not want to admit it even to themselves, and would rather shift the blame to those that helped them to get there. And second, those who tried to sleep their way to the top but failed, and now want their "money" back."

Wow,
Tom Brown

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 10:28:21 pm »

... Wow,

As I said, some people have a hard time accepting that the reality is multifaceted.

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 10:35:18 pm »

Sexism is sexism, is sexism, is sexism.

Enough said, hey I have the last say,

Cheers
Tom Brown
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up