Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anybody know who was the founder of PhaseOne?  (Read 2396 times)

spassig

Does anybody know who was the founder of PhaseOne?
« on: February 17, 2018, 10:37:56 am »

Regards

Jochen

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Does anybody know who was the founder of PhaseOne?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 03:26:10 pm »

Does anybody care?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

spassig

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 05:32:01 pm »

Does anybody care?

Russ, I distinctly feel the need for a holiday coming towards me like a little train.

Life seems to be turning into a series of distractions from the main purpose, which is increasingly difficult to determine anymore.

The news programmes are a rerun of recent ones, with the public figures now even less able or willing to address direct questions; people are falling down dead for no fault of their own, and firearms are ever more popular within the entertainment industry which might well be adding fuel to the fires of lunacy, as in NRA 17: Florida 0.

I went out after lunch, and two different people stopped to tell me about people who have died this year; in one case, the bearer of the tidings is guitarist in a group and the deceased was their drummer. Their keyboard player had already taken himself out about three winters ago. I photographed them all some years back. The other bearer of unhappy news was a guy from Scotland who has an even worse heart history than my own, yet it was his brother who checked out with cancer. As did the drummer, who had had open-heart surgery some years ago but survived that...

One is forced to ask what hell it is all about, the struggles, the hopes, the achievements and then curtains.

Rob

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 06:17:02 pm »

Thanks for feedback.
Most companies describe her roots.
Why not P1?

Phase One (company) - From Wikipedia

spassig

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 01:42:23 am »

Phase One (company) - From Wikipedia
@Schewe
Thanks.
In German Wikipedia there isn’t his name. :(

Jochen

RSL

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 08:16:57 am »

Russ, I distinctly feel the need for a holiday coming towards me like a little train.

Life seems to be turning into a series of distractions from the main purpose, which is increasingly difficult to determine anymore.

The news programmes are a rerun of recent ones, with the public figures now even less able or willing to address direct questions; people are falling down dead for no fault of their own, and firearms are ever more popular within the entertainment industry which might well be adding fuel to the fires of lunacy, as in NRA 17: Florida 0.

I went out after lunch, and two different people stopped to tell me about people who have died this year; in one case, the bearer of the tidings is guitarist in a group and the deceased was their drummer. Their keyboard player had already taken himself out about three winters ago. I photographed them all some years back. The other bearer of unhappy news was a guy from Scotland who has an even worse heart history than my own, yet it was his brother who checked out with cancer. As did the drummer, who had had open-heart surgery some years ago but survived that...

One is forced to ask what hell it is all about, the struggles, the hopes, the achievements and then curtains.

Rob

Hi Rob, I'm about ready for a vacation too -- possibly from LuLa. Maybe I've just been at it too long, but it looks as if the photographic postings gradually are moving from incompetent to inane, along with the comments on them. There's a difference between pretty and consequential that seems to elude many.

Maybe it's just the fog I see outside my window.

Don't give up. It's all at least as important as the answer to the question: "Who was the founder of PhaseOne?"

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 09:47:26 am »

It's the coffee corner, the OP had a question he hoped people here could answer.

What, exactly, is the problem?
--
Robert

RSL

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 10:22:01 am »

Easy does it, Robert. It's called "a sense of humor."

Here's an interesting exercise for you: Type "who was the founder of phaseone?" into Google and see what you get.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:35:29 am by RSL »

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 10:33:18 am »

It's the coffee corner, the OP had a question he hoped people here could answer.

What, exactly, is the problem?

Photography is the problem. Realising that photography is the gift of so very few; that wishing and being able are separate things; that almost zero feedback comes from links to master photographers; that some crappy little snap of a whatever elicits more traffic than the work of real stars. Where the informed or merely interested chat about photographic monographs?

That's the problem, Robert; and it's why so many have folded and left the table. Photography is not about buying the latest temptation - anything but! - yet count the responses to anything that offers the slightest verbal challenge to artistic beliefs and the silence is deafening. Several people have attempted to raise questions about art, motivation etc. and they wither on the vine after maybe three posts.

That's the problem: photography and art are the poor relations. After a while, poor relations don't reply to token invitations.

spassig

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 10:36:06 am »

Easy does it, Robert. It's called "a sense or humor."

Here's an interesting exercise for you: Type "who was the founder of phaseone?" into Google and see what you get.

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_One

Jochen

degrub

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 10:38:54 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_One_(company)

Samir Léhaff if the wiki is to be believed.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 10:02:15 am »

Photography is the problem. Realising that photography is the gift of so very few; that wishing and being able are separate things; that almost zero feedback comes from links to master photographers; that some crappy little snap of a whatever elicits more traffic than the work of real stars. Where the informed or merely interested chat about photographic monographs?

That's the problem, Robert; and it's why so many have folded and left the table. Photography is not about buying the latest temptation - anything but! - yet count the responses to anything that offers the slightest verbal challenge to artistic beliefs and the silence is deafening. Several people have attempted to raise questions about art, motivation etc. and they wither on the vine after maybe three posts.

That's the problem: photography and art are the poor relations. After a while, poor relations don't reply to token invitations.

Actually, rather than replying "Does anybody care", which has elicited this parabolic discussion, perhaps just directing the OP to the right link would have closed the thread in a lot fewer posts...

RSL

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 11:14:24 am »

But would it have been as much fun?

Rob C

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2018, 11:38:30 am »

But would it have been as much fun?

Exactly!

And fun, from a "consumer" perspective, is the raison d'être of this site, with fun including, within its remit, information on this, that and the other. Usually, one finds that a little of the other is the most entertaining of them all.

;-)

Rob

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 04:47:13 pm »

My only earlier point was that if you are bemoaning the lack of a suitable space in which to discuss the works of the masters or of photographic art in general, which is not a bad topic for conversation, why are you doing so in this thread?

--
Robert

DougDolde

• Images of the American West
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 07:26:25 pm »

His name was Omar Breakthebank
Pages: [1]   Go Up