Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Published - First Impressions Of the NEW FUJI X-H1 Camera  (Read 3517 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Just Published - First Impressions Of the NEW FUJI X-H1 Camera
« on: February 16, 2018, 02:58:26 pm »

I just published my first impressions as well as an overview of the new Fuji X-H1 camera.  Fuji has been producing a loyal following with their line of camera and lenses.  Is the X-H1 for you?  I give my impressions in Fuji X-H1 First Impressions
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

armand

• Photos
Re: Just Published - First Impressions Of the NEW FUJI X-H1 Camera
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 03:28:06 pm »

I wonder how redundant are the top dials with the new top LCD

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 03:38:59 pm »

Not to redundant.  As I mentioned the info shows what you can't see on the dials like exposures left on cards, power for batteries, minutes of video left, camera settings etc.  The cool part is it is completely customizable;e and its a very graphic oriented customize menu.  I like it as now when I look down on the camera I have all info I could possibly want.  Things just get better and better.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

DP

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 03:46:03 pm »

I love the rear tilt screen on this camera, too. It is a three-inch touchscreen that tilts horizontally and vertically. You cannot fully appreciate the vertical tilt screen until you use it. I’m getting older, and it hurts to lay down on the ground to capture a shot. Now I use the tilt screen, and put the camera close to the ground but don’t have to be on the ground to see the frame of composition. I am surprised that others manufacturers have not copied this feature.

is the underlined for real or a typo ? Pentax didn't do it for example way before ?

mecrox

• My Online Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 04:22:46 am »

I just published my first impressions as well as an overview of the new Fuji X-H1 camera.  Fuji has been producing a loyal following with their line of camera and lenses.  Is the X-H1 for you?  I give my impressions in Fuji X-H1 First Impressions

Much appreciated your run through of this impressive new camera - thank you. Still waiting for LuLa to show some M43 love though ... :)
Mark @ Flickr

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 04:34:50 am »

As an old Nikonista, I can only say that aesthetically, the Fuji camera's finish reminds me of the surface on the exterior baffles of my woodburning stove. The Pentax, on the other hand, has a nice finish but a terrifying plethora of knobs and moving bits; hell's teeth it's only about making a freakin' exposure!

If cameras were people, I'd say both these were dressed as whores at a casting for another convention.

Rob

Rand47

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 01:59:43 pm »

As an old Nikonista, I can only say that aesthetically, the Fuji camera's finish reminds me of the surface on the exterior baffles of my woodburning stove. The Pentax, on the other hand, has a nice finish but a terrifying plethora of knobs and moving bits; hell's teeth it's only about making a freakin' exposure!

If cameras were people, I'd say both these were dressed as whores at a casting for another convention.

Rob

Rob,

Great description of Fuji's finish!  LOL   It ain't "pretty" for sure.  I think it also looks a little bit like the spray-on pick-up truck bed liner stuff.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 04:51:35 pm »

Rob,

Great description of Fuji's finish!  LOL   It ain't "pretty" for sure.  I think it also looks a little bit like the spray-on pick-up truck bed liner stuff.

Rand

Yeah, I remember back in '59 when I got my first car. You had two choices: you could do nothing, and the car would be a heap of rust in three years, or you could do as I did: buy a gallon of underseal paint and be nice to the local garage hero who might let you put your wheels up on his ramp so that you could paint the underside and the arches with the stuff to save it from the tender attentions of ice, rain and road salt. Then, all you had to worry about were the bits you couldn't reach.

That surface was so like the Fuji, as you suggest. Maybe that's why they claim it to be "water resistant"!

But hey, it probably takes good snaps as a bonus... life is ever a compromise.

:-)

TommyWeir

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 04:37:23 pm »

First time I picked up a Fuji, my fingers knew what to do.  It's unbeatable for that.

I'm a happy X-T2 owner, had an X-T1 before that.  I'll be sticking with my X-T2 but when it comes time to upgrade I'll seriously be giving the H line some thought. 

If I wanted a video camera I'd buy a GH5.  This is a stills camera for pro use by sports and action with a responsive, fast AF, those guys also need a great video option.  If I was one of them I'd be considering this.  I think Fuji have decided not to cede that space to Sony on the mirrorless side.

DP

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 04:40:52 pm »

If I was one of them I'd be considering this.  I think Fuji have decided not to cede that space to Sony on the mirrorless side.

Sony left APS-C dSLM space a long time ago (5***-6500 cameras are simple placeholders)... So whom Fuji is not ceding it to now ?

armand

• Photos
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 11:14:43 pm »

Sony left APS-C dSLM space a long time ago (5***-6500 cameras are simple placeholders)... So whom Fuji is not ceding it to now ?

Wait, what? From 5*** Sony has been wasting its time with placeholders? They surely put a lot of effort into it for somebody who doesn't care. The fact that the ergonomics are not that good doesn't mean they don't care, their technical specs are competitive with anything in the market. And I don't even have a Sony ILC and can admit it. Part of their problems are the lenses but I have a feeling, without checking exactly, that they took more care of it than Nikon did with their APS-C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up