Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji X-H1 announced  (Read 10126 times)

DP

Re: Fuji X-H1 announced
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2018, 04:33:55 pm »

There’s a little more room than with the X-T2, but it is still a snug fit.  So, “better” but still challenging with thick gloves.

Rand

so XT-2 was even more PITA w/ those levers... good to know (that Fuji was even worse ergonomically before X-H1)... even w/o gloves I rarely can move lever from average to spot back to average w/o moving exposure dial (so I have to lock it and unlock it, which I hate to do)... again goes to the point as to why design a bigger body and yet leave a lot of controls aimed as if they are on tiny P&S sized body... as if the thought process got stopped half way.

not to mention that 4-way control which is almost sunken into the body...

Rand47

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2018, 04:37:59 pm »

so XT-2 was even more PITA w/ those levers... good to know (that Fuji was even worse ergonomically before X-H1)... even w/o gloves I rarely can move lever from average to spot back to average w/o moving exposure dial (so I have to lock it and unlock it, which I hate to do)... again goes to the point as to why design a bigger body and yet leave a lot of controls aimed as if they are on tiny P&S sized body... as if the thought process got stopped half way.

not to mention that 4-way control which is almost sunken into the body...

You should sell that lousy piece of junk Fuji and rejoice in your Sony, which is a fine camera indeed.  I, for one, am tired of your incessant carping.  If I owned something that I didn’t like, I’d drop it like a hot rock.   

You’re now on my ignore list.

Rand
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:44:30 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

DP

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2018, 04:51:17 pm »

armand

• Photos
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2018, 05:11:06 pm »

You should sell that lousy piece of junk Fuji and rejoice in your Sony, which is a fine camera indeed.  I, for one, am tired of your incessant carping.  If I owned something that I didn’t like, I’d drop it like a hot rock.   

You’re now on my ignore list.

Rand

+1

It was funny in the beginning but it's kind of annoying now. How is the gloved handling of your Sony or Olympus? Try not to lie.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2018, 05:17:08 pm »

DP, I think you have made your point and like others said if you don't like it get rid of it.  I so far am enjoying shooting with the X-H1 and haven't experienced some of the issues you mention.  I did some focus tests and it focuses pretty fast.  I have the full line up of Fuji as well as Sony.  The Fuji is a fun camera to shoot with and I have taken the XT-2 and lenses to Greenland, and Antarctica and never had any problems shooting with gloves on.  Maybe you need thinner gloves.  In any case enough is enough. I'll be shooting with the camera for the next few weeks with a trip to Portugal thrown in.  After that, I'll give my review.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

armand

• Photos
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2018, 05:32:01 pm »

I used with gloves the X-T2 side by side with the Nikon D750. They were similar, if anything the joystick on the X-T2 made things easier. Moderate thickness gloves.

DP

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2018, 05:32:37 pm »

How is the gloved handling of your Sony or Olympus? Try not to lie.

both terrible, but unlike you & co, I am not shy to say this ... beats me why do you have issues w/ dissenting opinions ;D ... I am not trying to shut you when you express yours, you and co on the other hand  ;)

DP

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2018, 05:35:17 pm »

I used with gloves the X-T2 side by side with the Nikon D750. They were similar, if anything the joystick on the X-T2 made things easier. Moderate thickness gloves.

the question was if you did not notice about a particular operation w/ a particular control, not in general ... and that was not joystick

armand

• Photos
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2018, 05:43:49 pm »

both terrible, but unlike you & co, I am not shy to say this ... beats me why do you have issues w/ dissenting opinions ;D ... I am not trying to shut you when you express yours, you and co on the other hand  ;)

Actually you are quite shy about it, you only mention it when you are specifically asked about it and you don't volunteer it on every single topic like you do with Fuji.
This is my problem, not that you criticize it or you have dissenting opinions. Give the other the fair share otherwise you look very biased.
My other issue is that you keep repeating the same thing over and over, it gets old fast.

While none are perfect, the fact that I was able to handle the X-T2 as well as the D750 is a positive in my book, after all the latter is a well viewed camera handling wise.

BJL

Fuji X-H1 announced: the gloves are on!
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2018, 11:41:18 pm »

I for one think that careful investigation of a camera's usability with gloves on honours the spirit of Michael Reichmann.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:47:56 am by BJL »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2018, 04:44:16 am »

Final warning, DP. Behave or be banned.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up