Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rotary Trimmer Necessary with Roll Paper?  (Read 3041 times)

Garnick

Re: Rotary Trimmer Necessary with Roll Paper?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 05:25:48 pm »

YES, definitely ROTATRIM!  I think I might have told this story before on LuLa, not sure.  Since the late 60's until digital printing in 2003, my business consisted of mostly Custom Colour darkroom printing for Pro and serious amateur photographers.  In the mid 70's I purchased my first Rotatrim cutter.  At that time I was often running quantities of 1500 to 2000 8x10 colour prints for GM, in Oshawa, Ontario.  Using two Nord 11" roll easels I could spit out prints at a very efficient pace.  Printing on 8" roll was simple, but trimming each 10" length became a PITA, until the Rotatrim became part of my workflow.  As mentioned, that first 15" Rotatrim cutter was purchased in 1974.  I have often wished that it had a Cut-Odometer, because I know it has seen more that a million cuts, and I still use it for certain tasks.  I'm sure it will someday end up in the Rotatrim Hall OF Fame.  It has definitely been a whole team of workhorses for me for all of these years.  I also have a 24" Rotatrim, but of course it hasn't seen as much of a workload as the 15".  About 8 years ago I purchased the new version of the 15" cutter, but for everyday use the '74 model still does a great job.  And with the self sharpening Sheffield Steel blade, it has only needed the occasional tightening to keep it in line. 

Hall OF Fame here we come!  :)

Gary           
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up