Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Print Settings for Canon Prem Fine Art Smooth Paper??  (Read 1189 times)

BradSmith

Epson Print Settings for Canon Prem Fine Art Smooth Paper??
« on: February 08, 2018, 05:33:51 pm »

Canon Prem. Fine Art Smooth Paper - Following the very positive impression this paper left on Mark Segal and a couple others here, I've just received a box of 13x19.  But I print on an Epson P800.  Where would you suggest I start for media type and canned ICC profile?  I've got 10 different matte Epson Fine Art media types to choose between, and of course can download any of the Epson (or other brand's) fine art paper profiles?  Too many combinations to try them all, so I'm looking for suggestions.  I'd like to find a combination that works well before spending $100 for a custom profile.

thanks
Brad

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson Print Settings for Canon Prem Fine Art Smooth Paper??
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 05:50:36 pm »

I haven't tested this paper in the P800 (I did in the Canon Pro-2000). However, my gut-feel judging from its characteristics is that Epson's profile and Media Type for Epson Legacy Fibre paper may be a good place to start. You may also want to try the Hahnemuhle profile and instructions for its Photo Rag paper. Let us know how well you think these work. Actually, I also obtained some of that paper from B&H during the big sale discount and intend to custom profile it for an Epson SC-P5000 printer using Legacy Fibre as the reference Media Type.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

BradSmith

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 08:26:41 pm »

Thanks very much Mark.  I'll give them a try.
Brad

BradSmith

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 12:28:42 am »

Mark,
You asked for follow up on your two recommendations for profiles to try - Epson Legacy Fiber and Hahn Photo Rag.  With my P800, hey are both very good and very close.  The Legacy Fiber profile prints my test image just a tiny bit light. And the Hahn Photo Rag profile might be a tiny bit warm.  But they are both very close.  I think I'll go with the Hannemuhle profile but I could just as easily make the Legacy Fiber work.  They are both so close that I won't need a custom profile.

And I very much like the Canon paper.  But anyone who gets it should be very careful about noting which side is up.  The two sides look and feel almost identical to each other.  Hint....when you open the box, the print side is facing UP.

Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction.  Your involvement in this forum is, time and again, helpful to many, many people. 
Brad

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 07:18:43 am »

You are welcome Brad. Much appreciated, and glad those profiles work for you.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up