Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 6.14 compare proofs with simulate paper and ink ON for both.  (Read 2419 times)

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
LR 6.14 compare proofs with simulate paper and ink ON for both.
« on: February 07, 2018, 08:20:43 am »

I am comparing two proof copies of the same master file with two different paper profiles in develop module. When I check the "Simulate Paper & Ink" check box it only affects the currently edited proof copy. Is it possible to affect the other also? Thanks.

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
Re: LR 6.14 compare proofs with simulate paper and ink ON for both.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 06:38:19 am »

I think I found the answer to my question. The reason that the "Simulate Paper & Ink" doesn't affect both proof copies in compare view is that what is shown in the "Before" part of the compare view is not softproofed even if softproofing is on.
So I make my question more general :). Is it possible to compare in lightroom side by side two files (different or virtual copies) with softproof on for both? Thanks.

JeanMichel

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:09:28 am »

You can, in Library.

Just tried something in Develop:
Create two different soft-proof virtual copies. Use Reference view to compare the two soft proof copies.

Jean-Mchel
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:09:37 am by JeanMichel »

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 04:59:18 pm »

You can, in Library.

Just tried something in Develop:
Create two different soft-proof virtual copies. Use Reference view to compare the two soft proof copies.

Jean-Mchel

Unfortunately I can not try Reference view because I am still on LR version 6.14. But does reference view support softproofing for both files/virtual copies/proofs being compared? 

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 05:26:51 pm »

But does reference view support softproofing for both files/virtual copies/proofs being compared? 

No, reference view switches you out of soft-proofing.

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 05:28:15 pm »

No, reference view switches you out of soft-proofing.
Thanks.

JeanMichel

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 10:26:30 pm »

Hi,
Not quite: In reference you can put the any file, such as the original that you have been working on as the Reference, and then put the soft-proofed virtual copy  in the Active half. The soft-proofed visual copy is already adjusted for the paper profile so of course it is not a soft-proof of a soft proof.

I am not sure why you would want to compare soft proofs. The only valid comparison is that with a prit. The soft proof simply has to match your original adjusted original image. The soft=proofs for different papers may/will have different adjustments, but they should look like your original image.

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 01:13:48 am »

Hi,
Not quite: In reference you can put the any file, such as the original that you have been working on as the Reference, and then put the soft-proofed virtual copy  in the Active half. The soft-proofed visual copy is already adjusted for the paper profile so of course it is not a soft-proof of a soft proof.

I am not sure why you would want to compare soft proofs. The only valid comparison is that with a prit. The soft proof simply has to match your original adjusted original image. The soft=proofs for different papers may/will have different adjustments, but they should look like your original image.

I wish to view both softproofs as a quick way to compare different papers for the same image before I print anything. An adjusted proof copy of an image with the paper profile for a warm matte paper without softproofing on (+ simulate paper and ink) is not very useful as a basis for comparison.

Stephen G

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 04:00:01 am »

I know you want to do this within LR, and it would be very convenient if you could, but I don't think there's a way.

You probably know this already but it's possible in PS. Just open temporary copies of your images and set up different softproofing for each one. Then arrange the windows side by side.

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 04:06:33 am »

I know you want to do this within LR, and it would be very convenient if you could, but I don't think there's a way.

You probably know this already but it's possible in PS. Just open temporary copies of your images and set up different softproofing for each one. Then arrange the windows side by side.
I didn't know that. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:52:32 pm by Panagiotis »
Pages: [1]   Go Up