Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help!! Colors wrong in Lr and Ps  (Read 1765 times)

pearlstreet

Help!! Colors wrong in Lr and Ps
« on: February 04, 2018, 02:46:04 pm »

the color displayed in Lightroom are wrong but it exports correctly. If I choose edit in photoshop from Lightroom the colors displayed in photoshop are wrong but the save for web colors are correct. The photo attached was taken with my iPhone. The lower left is my iPad ( looks greenish in this photo but isn't) the top left is Lightroom and the photo on the right is the exported jpg from Lightroom. I can't figure this out.

pearlstreet

Re: Help!! Colors wrong in Lr and Ps
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 02:48:42 pm »

now...weird...here they all look orange

on my pc they look red on the desktop and ipad and orange in ps and lr

on my iphone they look red and orange...

I have no idea how to figure this out.

pearlstreet

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 02:52:20 pm »

Here is the exported jpg from lr.

pearlstreet

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 02:53:12 pm »

Why is this orange to me here and red on the ipad, iphone and desktop? It is orange in lr and ps.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 03:02:28 pm »

LR is correct but the exported image may not appear correctly IF not color managed!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

pearlstreet

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 03:07:35 pm »

So this coat showed red in Lightroom a few days ago which is the correct color. All my photos in Lightroom have lost the red but the same photos in Lightroom mobile still show the red.

pearlstreet

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 03:19:59 pm »

Are you all seeing this coat as orange or red? I have a feeling my monitor has a problem. I printed this series of photos recently and the coat is very red in the print which is correct. I reprinted just now and the coat prints very red. But when I look at  the attached photo here it is orange. 

TonyW

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 03:20:52 pm »

I would not want to try and explain why the LR image looks orange other than to say something must have been applied in LR.

What I can say is that on your PC you are showing one image in LR which is colour managed and one in Windows Photos application this is not colour managed. 

Exporting a raw capture from LR as sRGB tends to show oversaturated colour in Photos but correct colour in other colour savvy applications including PS and even Firefox web viewer.

Attached screen grab from LR and Windows Photos shows the difference - if you view the original on Wide gamut monitor the differences are more pronounced.

The image you posted appears to be a shade of red rather than orange

pearlstreet

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 03:35:21 pm »

im trying to figure out what went wrong - going a bit nuts.

The actual coat is red. It was showing red in ps and lr and printed red. It now is orange when I view in ps and lr and in chrome on both monitors. However it shows the correct red on both monitors looking at the jpeg in photos and it shows red in the epson print dialog and it prints red.  So what could have happened to make my color managed programs show the wrong color suddenly?

I've recalibrated my monitor several times.

pearlstreet

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 03:37:57 pm »

Tony, both those photos look orange in chrome on my monitor but red on my ipad. However, they look red in photos and on my iPad. If it was my monitor failing, I would think they would look orange everywhere.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:41:44 pm by Sharon VL »

pearlstreet

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 03:43:31 pm »

Hmmm...reused an old monitor profile and my color is back to normal. Maybe my calibator is off....

Thanks for your responses everyone.

TonyW

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 04:02:35 pm »

Hmmm...reused an old monitor profile and my color is back to normal. Maybe my calibator is off....

Thanks for your responses everyone.
Suspected as much that this was a faulty profile issue.  Do not bother with Windows Photos it is NOT colour managed and will give strange results

As I had prepared this before your last post it may be of interest.  Your image showing in PS, Firefox showing 'correct' colour (left hand side) and what happens when brought into Photos.  You may prefer the colour of the Photos version but be aware that this is not a correct representation of your data due to no colour managment

Additionally you should check that Windows is applying your monitor profile correctly as in the bottom right image
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 04:05:38 pm by TonyW »

pearlstreet

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 04:43:51 pm »

Thanks Tony.
Pages: [1]   Go Up