Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Environment question- printers  (Read 469 times)

gchappel

Environment question- printers
« on: January 30, 2018, 02:46:18 pm »

I am remodeling the garage into a partial workshop, art studio.
New interior construction, insulated, etc.  Separate hvac. 
Living in central Florida- it can get awfully hot and humid here in the summer.
I will only be using the shop a few hours a week, at least until I retire- then hopefully more!!
I will have a ipf8400 and epson 3880 in the studio.  Paper will be stored in the house- separately. 
I was thinking of maintaining the temperature below 85, and humidity below 75% when I am not there.   I can set the temp to anything I want, but I am trying to keep the electric bill below the gnp of a small country. 
Does anyone have experience with this- at what point do the printers begin to have issues?
What temperature and humidity cutoffs would you recommend?   It certainly will not be too dry.
Thanks
Gary

Gennaro_27

Re: Environment question- printers
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 03:45:58 pm »

From what I have experienced, my Epson P800 this year clogged three times during one of the warmest summer we had in Calabria (south Italy). Inside the printing room the temperature reached 80 F, while the humidity I guess was very high (80%).
In the winter time I never had any problem at all also when temperature dropped until 58 degrees with a constant humidity of 50% (now I have an hygrometer). All that to say that apart from temperature keep an eye on humidity and buy a dehumidifier.

Ciao
G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up