Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P800 Media Type discrepancy when using ImagePrint (IP) profile  (Read 776 times)

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition

IP sets Velvet Fine Art Paper as the default Media Type and Photo Ink when printing with their profile for Canson Platine Fibre Rag (CPFR). Using the Front Fine Art (FFA) sheet feeder, I get a "Paper Jam" message and the paper fails to load no matter how carefully I feed it.

The Print Settings dialog box in LightRoom (LR), where I export the image from, show Matte Black Ink as the default setting when using Velvet Fine Art Paper as the media type and I'm wondering if that is the reason I'm unable to load the paper when printing from IP. The paper loads easily if I print from LR using a profile made specifically for CPFR for my printer, however, it was made using the Epson Ultra Premium Luster media setting.

loganross

Re: P800 Media Type discrepancy when using ImagePrint (IP) profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 09:25:17 pm »

Hi,
Just a user of IP for many years so don't take my word as gospel :).  I recently spoke with IP because I did not see a profile I needed.  Turns out they used a different Ink (Photo vs. Matt), so I was looking in the wrong place.  The bottom line is that they spend a lot of time on profiles, and if they are not getting the results they expect with the default INK, the try the other ink (assuming the result is better).  I think there are very few papers for which this is the case, but I assume it is the case for you.  I have not had trouble with Canson Platine FR using IP, including for loading the paper in my P800.  I would give IP a call as they are very helpful.

IP sets Velvet Fine Art Paper as the default Media Type and Photo Ink when printing with their profile for Canson Platine Fibre Rag (CPFR). Using the Front Fine Art (FFA) sheet feeder, I get a "Paper Jam" message and the paper fails to load no matter how carefully I feed it.

The Print Settings dialog box in LightRoom (LR), where I export the image from, show Matte Black Ink as the default setting when using Velvet Fine Art Paper as the media type and I'm wondering if that is the reason I'm unable to load the paper when printing from IP. The paper loads easily if I print from LR using a profile made specifically for CPFR for my printer, however, it was made using the Epson Ultra Premium Luster media setting.

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
Re: P800 Media Type discrepancy when using ImagePrint (IP) profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 12:00:15 pm »

Hi,
Just a user of IP for many years so don't take my word as gospel :).  I recently spoke with IP because I did not see a profile I needed.  Turns out they used a different Ink (Photo vs. Matt), so I was looking in the wrong place.  The bottom line is that they spend a lot of time on profiles, and if they are not getting the results they expect with the default INK, the try the other ink (assuming the result is better).  I think there are very few papers for which this is the case, but I assume it is the case for you.  I have not had trouble with Canson Platine FR using IP, including for loading the paper in my P800.  I would give IP a call as they are very helpful.

Thanks, I got an email reply from them saying pretty much the same thing. The problem lies elsewhere and hopefully someone will be able to shed more light on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up