Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Published - The Phase One FX Feature Update 4 Explained  (Read 1298 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Just Published - The Phase One FX Feature Update 4 Explained
« on: January 27, 2018, 09:09:21 am »

I just published an in-depth look at the Phase One XF Camera and its new feature updates.  The article contains several videos with Drew Altdoerffer as he walks us through the features as only Drew could do.  Also, we include on video with Lau Norgaard - Vice President R&D who uses the whiteboard to explain the new focusing feature and more. Check it out HERE
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

adias

Re: Just Published - The Phase One FX Feature Update 4 Explained
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 10:37:43 pm »

"I may never own a Tesla but I can lust for it."

Lust for a Ferrari or a Porsche, sure! But a Tesla ?!? :)

Jeff

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:00:46 am »

I think I understood correctly.

Most manufacturers have moveable focus points, compose the shot move point(s)  to model's eyes but Phase One have a different approach.

One focus point then do complicated analysis on all their lenses / apertures to produce algorithms mathematically to make focus corrections after re-compose.

Oh, and together with seismographs, focus stacking, achromatic / trichromatic backs I think they must be  having so much fun in Copenhagen  ( which from some of their webinars appears to be a lovely city for photography )   :)

I wonder what future plans they have for Capture One Pro, did you not have an interview with James during your visit ?     ;)

algrove

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 03:08:02 pm »

Kevin

Truly great info here. Extremely informative for an XF user or even non-XF user.

It was not precisely clear to me as to what Profoto device Drew was using in a video to trip the shutter remotely. Any name or part number please? After more research on my end it might be the Profoto Air Sync Transceiver for packs and heads with built-in Air. Sound right?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 08:28:17 am by algrove »

Altdo

• Drew Altdoerffer Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 12:01:49 pm »

It was not precisely clear to me as to what Profoto device Drew was using...

Correct,  I was using the Air Sync Transceiver. But you're not limited to that specific model. Any of the Air Remotes or the Air Sync will work.
Basically, anything Profoto makes that allows you to choose the channel and trip the "Test" button will activate the XF Camera.

https://profoto.com/us/products/air-remotes/air-remotes
Pages: [1]   Go Up